Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
So, I'm thinkin about building a pipe and I wanted to get some opinions on my ideas and ask a few questions.

First, the idea I'm having involves some odd placement of pieces. I want to put the tank/atomizer in the bowl of the pipe and I'm talkin classic pipe here not glass pipe/..... The idea is that you can drip into the bowl or have a tank in there that you can easily remove/change. I'd want the battery in the stem.

The question related to that design is can I have an atty pointed UP with a tube underneath it and not have issues with the juice flowin ginto the tube. Second part of that, if I run a tube from the atty up the stem of the pipe will it vape poorly because of the distance from mouth to atty?

I'm thinking of taking some brass pipe and bending it into the shape I need. I'll be pouring a custome resin pipe body for this so I won't need to modify an existing pipe.

I figure I can take a 510 connector and wire it in the bottom of the bowl with the thread pattern up so attys can be screwed into it. I'm also debating a totally different approach where the atty clips into a connector instead of threading but that might create too poor a connection.

Anyway started rambling there. I'm thinking 510 connector in the bowl, Atty or tank/carto screwed into that inside the bowl so you can fill it from the opening at the top then run the wires and air tube up the stem of the pipe where the battery will be. The issue I'm seeing with the design is that to get a good enough battery it ends up having to be relatively thick which will detract from the stem's appearance.

The pipes I've seen have a cartomizer in the stem and a battery in the bowl. I dig it but I'd like some versatility in a pipe, just seems like all the batteries I see are too thick to put in a stem. Does anyone know of an alternative battery? I found some super small batteries for remote control helicopters but the mAh is miniscule. I'll be posting another thread specifically about another mod I'm considering because I want to keep the discussions separate :p I just started vaping but I've always been into making things so this gives me the perfect opportunity to make toys for myself and my friends ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread