thinking about buying a VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelon45

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
socal
I've had my Buzz for a month now, will be picking up my 2nd Buzz this weekend, reason for buying the second Buzz because I am constantly changing cartos off of my egos onto my Buzz to dial into my vape sweet spot, so now will have 2 PV with 2 fav sweet spot in hopes of cutting down on my fiddling with flavors and diff cartos.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Well, one piece of advice for new VV users. The Buzz Pro has nothing but a knob, a button, and a little little light that quits turning blue when you need to change the battery. The Provari has a nifty little display and stuff that will tell you the ohms of your atomizer, the voltage you're vaping at, etc. That all sounds like stuff you need till you've had one of these devices a while but, it's really not all that useful. What you learn is, you want it hotter, you turn it up, it tastes a little burnt, you turn it down. It really doesn't matter what the voltage is. It only matters that you can control it. I have an inline voltmeter for when I'm curious but, I hardly ever use it.

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
Well, one piece of advice for new VV users. The Buzz Pro has nothing but a knob, a button, and a little little light that quits turning blue when you need to change the battery. The Provari has a nifty little display and stuff that will tell you the ohms of your atomizer, the voltage you're vaping at, etc. That all sounds like stuff you need till you've had one of these devices a while but, it's really not all that useful. What you learn is, you want it hotter, you turn it up, it tastes a little burnt, you turn it down. It really doesn't matter what the voltage is. It only matters that you can control it. I have an inline voltmeter for when I'm curious but, I hardly ever use it.

that's one of the main things i was worrying about you make it sound simple enough I was just fearing without that meter being on there i might damage things from turning it up to high, etc.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
that's one of the main things i was worrying about you make it sound simple enough I was just fearing without that meter being on there i might damage things from turning it up to high, etc.

I like being able to get an accurate resistance reading on my atomizers with the Provari. Knowing the resistance of my atomizer or cartomizer, the juice I'm trying and the exact voltage I have set has helped me a lot in improving my overall vaping experience.

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
I like being able to get an accurate resistance reading on my atomizers with the Provari. Knowing the resistance of my atomizer or cartomizer, the juice I'm trying and the exact voltage I have set has helped me a lot in improving my overall vaping experience.

lol feel like i'm tossing a ball back and forth between my hands thanks for all the advice the you all I'm prob definitely going to get either the Buzz or the Provari i just have to make up my mind lol.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

To each his own. I know about what the resistance of the atty is by what I bought and I know about where I'll want it for that resistance atty. I get dialed in in a couple hits on a new atty. After that, it's just a tweak now and then. The Provari's a great device no doubt but, I do question the value of the bells and whistles over time.

Vapnoob whatever you get, start with a mid range resistance atomizer around 2.5 ohms and don't hold the button down too long till you get a comfortable vape and you'll be fine.

newq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Eldersburg Maryland USA
I have an LT and a Buzz. Both work fine. My LT begin to taper off at the end of the battery life. I have a Buzz Pro basic in design HUGE in performance Battery life second to NONE. The hit is the same from the first vape to the last. Provari All the bells and whistle from the first to last vape always the same.

LT = 49.99
Buzz Pro = 129.00 + charger + Batts
Provari = 225.00 + charger + batts + extender cap for use with 18650

There you have it.

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
I have an LT and a Buzz. Both work fine. My LT begin to taper off at the end of the battery life. I have a Buzz Pro basic in design HUGE in performance Battery life second to NONE. The hit is the same from the first vape to the last. Provari All the bells and whistle from the first to last vape always the same.

LT = 49.99

There you have it.

yeah i know there's a big price difference that's the main reason I'll go with the Buzz if I do I don't know lol guess I'll see round mid week should have my tax money then lol.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky

Buzz pro on sale this week only $119 - and there is a coupon code worth 7.5% so that gets it to $110. I've been talking myself in to and out of taking advantage of the sale for a couple of days now... At this exact moment, I think I might not. 5 minutes from now, I'll probably change my mind again.

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
Buzz pro on sale this week only $119 - and there is a coupon code worth 7.5% so that gets it to $110. I've been talking myself in to and out of taking advantage of the sale for a couple of days now... At this exact moment, I think I might not. 5 minutes from now, I'll probably change my mind again.

roflmao...that sounds like me

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT

LT = 49.99

There you have it.
What? The Provari by itself is $160. The kit with 2 18490 batteries, charger, 5 pack of 3 ohm cartos, and metal drip tip is $212.

I agree with AZCraig about how nice it is to be able to check the atomizer resistance. Your carto or atty won't always be exactly the resistance that it's advertised, there is (admittedly, seemingly small) variation. They also won't always stay at the resistance they start at either from what I've read, so there is value in being able to check those things with your device to get your perfect settings dialed in for whatever juice you're using. The battery check is pretty handy too, I like being able to tell if my battery will be good when I'm going out, or if I'll need to grab a spare.

With the Provari you also have a bit more flexibility with size and batteries. The mini can take 18350s and 18490s, the full size can take 18490s and 18650s. They function exactly the same, but it's nice to have the choice since everyone's needs are different. I realize I seem to be talking up the Provari a lot, but I just thought I'd point out a couple plusses I hadn't seen mentioned (also I'm just *really* happy with mine). I can't speak from experience about the buzz pro, but it certainly seems like a great mod and I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just depends on which you think will fit your needs the best.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
It all comes down to the controls. If your mod has up and down buttons, you need something to tell you where you are. The Provari and LT are like that. If you have a knob as my first madvapes VV box and my buzz have, the position of the knob performs that function. I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
What? The Provari by itself is $160. The kit with 2 18490 batteries, charger, 5 pack of 3 ohm cartos, and metal drip tip is $212.

I agree with AZCraig about how nice it is to be able to check the atomizer resistance. Your carto or atty won't always be exactly the resistance that it's advertised, there is (admittedly, seemingly small) variation. They also won't always stay at the resistance they start at either from what I've read, so there is value in being able to check those things with your device to get your perfect settings dialed in for whatever juice you're using. The battery check is pretty handy too, I like being able to tell if my battery will be good when I'm going out, or if I'll need to grab a spare.

With the Provari you also have a bit more flexibility with size and batteries. The mini can take 18350s and 18490s, the full size can take 18490s and 18650s. They function exactly the same, but it's nice to have the choice since everyone's needs are different. I realize I seem to be talking up the Provari a lot, but I just thought I'd point out a couple plusses I hadn't seen mentioned (also I'm just *really* happy with mine). I can't speak from experience about the buzz pro, but it certainly seems like a great mod and I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just depends on which you think will fit your needs the best.

yeah that battery check thing would be great for me I've gotten to where i always carry a spare because I never know when its fixing to die lol but would be cool to know

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
It all comes down to the controls. If your mod has up and down buttons, you need something to tell you where you are. The Provari and LT are like that. If you have a knob as my first madvapes VV box and my buzz have, the position of the knob performs that function. I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

that's true and you've made a great argument what it really comes down to for me now is what i can afford If I have enough left over for the provari I'll probably get one if not then I'll be picking up the Buzz and thanks again everyone for all of the good advice and information.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
What I found with the VV in using the Buzz Pro is that I can throw any atti/carto on and hit the sweet spot quickly.

What VV doesn't do (from my very limited experience) is allow one to magically make super vapor out of what is already a good combination.

What I mean here...... I bought a 5 pack of 1.7 ohm resurrectors from CCV. Surprisingly they are pretty much perfection on a freshly charged 900 mah smok tech EGO battery. The couple of juices I put through at this combo were perfect. No burning......smooth hit..... and great vap/taste.

I put this same carto on the Bolt Pro I just got and I immediately got a burned taste. Of course this was my fault as I loaded it up at around 4.3v (on a low resistance carto). Well dialing down the voltage to the low end (by the green area) it started hitting perfectly.

Putting on various atomizers and cartomizers I realized that VV doesn't magically make more vapor or a better throat hit.

What VV mods do is allow you to perfectly tune any juice/tube combination for the perfect vape.

The bolt pro is working exactly as intended to do exactly this. And unless I've missed something I believe this is what VV is all about.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
What VV doesn't do (from my very limited experience) is allow one to magically make super vapor out of what is already a good combination.

I could not agree more. You can play with all manner of mods but, you're still vaping. Mods can make vaping more consistent, mods can make vaping more convenient but, mods do not turn vaping into smoking. If that's what you're looking for, save your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread