thinking about upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoob2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
central IL
To start I have been lookin around and there is a lot to sift through.
Right now I am using modernvapors 902 starter kit with a pcc. it has worked well and all I am just tired of having to charge the batterys every two hours.

I think I want to get a 3.7v mod with a 510 connection. My only preferences are they don't cost a ton, has to be durable and if possible last 8 to 10 hours before needing recharged.

I looked into the epower and it seems ok and has a good price. But what is the difference between the 18650 epower and the 14650. If I went with one witch is better?

Also I thought about looking for maybe a used silverbullet something a bit nicer but used just incase I don't like I wouldn't lose as much reseling it.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advanced.

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
One battery will last slightly longer than the other. Unless you vape with every breath it will make little difference.

I was in the same boat, I got very tired of those little cig sized batteries. I try to advise people to skip that step and get something that doesn't keep you tethered to a charger.

I have a friend that has an E Power, he gets a day and a half out of one battery. I'm not sure which battery he uses.

The above CCV Epower deal is pretty good. The cartos are great.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've owned all 3 types of e-powers. The 18650 will give you the longest time between charges but it's bigger if you don't mind the size. The silver bullet is a very well built mod and will last a lifetime over the e-power. E-power switches can be unpredictable and will eventually fail but there are replacement switches that you can buy...it's just another expense.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I wrote that thread above. Ive been using the Epower nonstop and love it. It's a very affordable PV that works great. Plus maintanace is cheap bc everything is replaceable and the batteries are really cheap.
The 18650 EPower is thicker and will give longer battery life. There was alot of problems before though with the 18650.
There is a new design out though that is supposed to be better, I havent tried it though.
I would get the 14650. It works great and it's easy to find replacement parts. It's hard to find parts for the 18650. And even though the 14650 has smaller batteries they still last a long time. I get about a day to a day and a half on one battery. And it's very easy to carry a spare bc their small. So running out of battery life really isnt an issue.
Plus the 14650 is smaller so it's easier to carry in a pocket. CCV has a great deal for the 14650 EPower.

The Riva and kGo are also good 3.7V PVs. I would get the EPower, riva, or kGo. Their all affordable and work well. The riva and kGo use proprietary batteries though. They cost $14-20 for a new battery compared to $4-5 for an EPower battery

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I haven't seen many vendors carry the new 18650 EPower. I know sweet-vapes.com has it if you want to check it out. The new switch is supposed to be alot better.

I think the deal for the 14650 from CCV is def better though. You get all the free extras and it comes with the new switch that has a 5-click on/off feature.

The switches are cheap so it's good to have an extra just in case. The switch problems before we're more for the 18650, but the 14650 switches have occasional problems too. But really every ecig has occasional problems. The Riva, eGo, kGo are no different. There's always occasional duds. I bought an extra switch for my Epower for just in case but havent had to use it. I'm still using my original switch and haven't had the slightest problem

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
I got the 14650 since there have been problems with the switch for the 18650 batteries. Even finding the latter was difficult, since they seem to have been recalled or something. Nobody had them in stock. I've heard they 'fixed' this but still couldn't find any.

As is the 14650 last well over a day. What I do is run the battery until if stops and reload the spare battery, since I carry it in a vest pocket. Put the other in a charger at home when I get there and ready to go the next day.

steliosak

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Kapandriti , Hellas
To start I have been lookin around and there is a lot to sift through.
Right now I am using modernvapors 902 starter kit with a pcc. it has worked well and all I am just tired of having to charge the batterys every two hours.

I think I want to get a 3.7v mod with a 510 connection. My only preferences are they don't cost a ton, has to be durable and if possible last 8 to 10 hours before needing recharged.

I looked into the epower and it seems ok and has a good price. But what is the difference between the 18650 epower and the 14650. If I went with one witch is better?

Also I thought about looking for maybe a used silverbullet something a bit nicer but used just incase I don't like I wouldn't lose as much reseling it.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advanced.

The 18650 should easily get you thru much more than a day of smoking . The silver bullet is much better quality but at a greater price. If you can afford it I would go for the silver bullet .
Even so the e-power 18650 is much better then what you have and offers lots of possibilities to explore.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA

The spare kits are awesome bc their cheap, but their only good if you already have the batteries and charger. For someone that is just starting and needs everything, then I would get the kit.
Gotvapes price is good tho for the spare kit. I dont know if you saw already tj99959, but Hoosierecigsupply now sells the tubes and cones too. It's not a bad deal is you have the batteries and charger already. I have the black Epower and just bought a SS tube for $5.50. They sell the cone for 4.50 but I barely use mine so I didn't buy it. They have the switch there too but CCV has it cheaper for 9.50, with free shipping. Plus their switch is the new one with white LED and 5-click on/off. So I bought the tube and a spring for $6 from Hoosier and the switch from CCV for 9.50 and now i basically have a second EPower for under 20 bucks. It's not a bad deal if you have the other stuff already. Sweet-vapes.com also sells the barebone kits. They have the 14650 and new 18650

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
You can always buy a silver bullet later! Ha the Epower prob won't be your only PV purchase if you make vaping kind of a hobby. The silver bullet could be your at home PV and Epower your out PV.

If you go with the EPower I would get it from CCV. If says their out of stock but they will be back on Monday or Tuesday.
There are a bunch of vendors that have pretty good deals for the EPower but CCVs deal i think is worth the wait. Theirs comes with the new switch and I havent seen another vendor that gives them with the kit. They just came out and a lot of vendors arnt even carrying them yet. Most have the 2nd version with the plastic button but with the blue LED and no on/off feature. He third switch has a white LED and on/off. So you get the new switch and you will also get the new spring. That's why they say out of stock. Andrew actually has like 150 Epower kits, but he took them off the site till he gets the new springs. Supposedly a few people had problems with the old spring bc it wouldnt push the battery up enough or something, so he called smoktech and told him he's not selling them till he's given better springs. So now the new springs are gold plated and are longer and stiffer. I talked to him yesterday and he said the springs are coming in on momday. So then he will put the kits back on the website and include a new spring with every kit. So if you get it from CCV you'll get the new spring and switch. I think just that is worth the wait. And adding in the $25 in extra stuff is sweet too.
So I would wait but if you don't want to some other vendors have some good deals. Just make sure it at least has the plastic button switch. There are a few vendors that still sell the Epower with the first switch which has a rubber button and gets stuck/falls out.

Goodluck!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You can always buy a silver bullet later! Ha the Epower prob won't be your only PV purchase if you make vaping kind of a hobby. The silver bullet could be your at home PV and Epower your out PV.

If you go with the EPower I would get it from CCV. If says their out of stock but they will be back on Monday or Tuesday.
There are a bunch of vendors that have pretty good deals for the EPower but CCVs deal i think is worth the wait. Theirs comes with the new switch and I havent seen another vendor that gives them with the kit. They just came out and a lot of vendors arnt even carrying them yet. Most have the 2nd version with the plastic button but with the blue LED and no on/off feature. He third switch has a white LED and on/off. So you get the new switch and you will also get the new spring. That's why they say out of stock. Andrew actually has like 150 Epower kits, but he took them off the site till he gets the new springs. Supposedly a few people had problems with the old spring bc it wouldnt push the battery up enough or something, so he called smoktech and told him he's not selling them till he's given better springs. So now the new springs are gold plated and are longer and stiffer. I talked to him yesterday and he said the springs are coming in on momday. So then he will put the kits back on the website and include a new spring with every kit. So if you get it from CCV you'll get the new spring and switch. I think just that is worth the wait. And adding in the $25 in extra stuff is sweet too.
So I would wait but if you don't want to some other vendors have some good deals. Just make sure it at least has the plastic button switch. There are a few vendors that still sell the Epower with the first switch which has a rubber button and gets stuck/falls out.

Goodluck!

Rob, the kit you're talking about- how long does the battery last before being charged? How often do you need to replace the batteries and switch? They are 3.7 v, correct?

I have a friend that's getting a kit and don't know enough about the epower to recommend it although it sounds good. I think when all of my ego stuff dies I'll get one.

Which do you recommend, the 14650 or 18650?

Last edited:

Anoob2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
central IL
Rob- u would make a good sales person I think I'm pretty much sold, plus I have heard nothingto but good things about ccv. And who doesn't like free stuff. Ill wait around for them to go back on sale. My 902 still does the trick as long as I keep the pcc charged and on hand.

Ghost- I def won't toss out my 902 its a good starter kit and I bought a bunch of cartos for it. Plus its probly best I keep a back up. I am kinda rough on things.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I recommend the E-Power consistently and think it is a good alternative to the lower powered/more costly eGo.

But another option to consider is the 5 volt GLV2. You will definitely get warmer vapor with 5 volts and it comes with a lifetime warranty because it is so well built. Just something to consider:

Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread