Status
Not open for further replies.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I am sitting with the basic starter kit in my cart. It seems to be a good value . This will be my first serious attempt at DIY Any input or suggestions ? the kit includes the following:
What’s included in the Nude-Approved Basic Starter Kit:
-50mL 100mg/mL Nicotine Base (PG/VG Ratio is up to you! Let us know which you prefer in your order comments)
-250mL PG & 250mL VG
-20 nitrile gloves
-1 pair safety glasses
-2 BD sterile 1mL, 5mL, & 10mL sterile syringes
-4 BD sterile 18g blunt-tipped needles
-2 – 14g XL blunt-tipped needles
-10 transfer pipettes
-5 – 5mL concentrated flavorings (Let us know in your order comments which you would prefer)
-2 – 50mL & 2 – 15mL conical tubes
-3 – 10mL dropper bottles

anything else I should add before check out ?

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
90 Tube - 13x100mm Clear Plastic Test Tube Set with Caps and Rack - Karter Scientific 207D3: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

these will help you with different ratios on your mixes :D ive been at it for 6 months and these work wonderful only $17 prime shipping

41gQeWP3-9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am sitting with the basic starter kit in my cart. It seems to be a good value . This will be my first serious attempt at DIY Any input or suggestions ? the kit includes the following:
What’s included in the Nude-Approved Basic Starter Kit:
-50mL 100mg/mL Nicotine Base (PG/VG Ratio is up to you! Let us know which you prefer in your order comments)
-250mL PG & 250mL VG
-20 nitrile gloves
-1 pair safety glasses
-2 BD sterile 1mL, 5mL, & 10mL sterile syringes
-4 BD sterile 18g blunt-tipped needles
-2 – 14g XL blunt-tipped needles
-10 transfer pipettes
-5 – 5mL concentrated flavorings (Let us know in your order comments which you would prefer)
-2 – 50mL & 2 – 15mL conical tubes
-3 – 10mL dropper bottles

anything else I should add before check out ?

That should set you up very nicely

You should consider getting more bottles for test mixing. 5ml is recommended but I've lately been using 10ml. 3 bottles and 4 tubes is just not enough

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I do have a fair supply of 7, 15 and 30 ml amber glass bottles with glass drippers I save from my favorite juices....I will also buy one of the testube racks full of tubes as it looks like a good place to keep samples. Do I really need a ultra sonic cleaner ? I can get one from Harbor freight if the general conscientious is that I should get one

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I do have a fair supply of 7, 15 and 30 ml amber glass bottles with glass drippers I save from my favorite juices....I will also buy one of the testube racks full of tubes as it looks like a good place to keep samples. Do I really need a ultra sonic cleaner ? I can get one from Harbor freight if the general conscientious is that I should get one

US cleaner in my opinion steeps eliquids faster than waiting a wk to try, 30 mins in a US cleaner to me ages/steeps the liquids at a rapid pace. it is a good choice as i have 1 its always a good choice to have a few options for steeping eliquids to my opinion

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Personally I'm saving the cleaner/steeper for later. I don't vape a lot of tobaccos and those are the main ones that experience a change with longer steeping. I think if you search the forum, you find ppl have suggested ways to speed up steeping (putting it on top of the coffee pot lid, heating pad, etc).

Nude Nic's flavorings are the same as the ones used in premixed eliquids, so once you figure out what strength you like, you could be good to go. Most of them probably don't require much steeping.

A lot of DIY equipment depends on how involved you want to get with the "craft". If you start adding other flavors, using the eliquid calculators, then you'll probably want to add more equipment. But it's not necessary to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread