Thinking of getting a VV battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
I'd say if the price is good, and the quality is worth said price, go for it. You'll be using nothing but the 4.2 and 3.7, though.

A good way to experiment with voltage ranges is madvapes VV box mod. 35$ without batteries or charger, turn the dial and you go between 0 and 7.4 volts. Works pretty great, it's absolutely reckless with madvapes dual coil tanks at 1.5 ohms.

There's a lot of mods out there for higher voltage vaping, hard to recommend one without knowing what you want specifically. The vv box mod is a good buy, for anyone. Pick up some 14500's and a trustfire charger and you're set.

Happy vaping :vapor:

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
+1 to Tersur - the Ego VV battery gives you an idea of what's possible, but then a true VV, like the Madvapes box suggested by sumoman25, really lets you see the potential for the variable voltage model of vaping without having to drop a ton of $$.

I went from Ego to E-Power to Ego VV to Madvapes VV box and now, in heaven, with an Infinity Pro.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I wouldnt get the eGo VV. Its really not a true VV and the 3 voltages are more like 3V, 3.4-3.5V, and 3.9V. If your not looking to spend much then a VV box mod would prob be the way to go. The eGo VV to me is barely even considered a VV. Yeah I know its got 3 different voltages, but their all in the same range. Id rather even just get a tube mod that will allow you to use different combinations on batteries, like a Maxi Roughstack or something similar. At least with that you could vape at 3.7V, 6V, or 7.4V. Even though their not technically considered a VV, at least theres a big difference between the different voltages. The eGo VV voltages will only be a slight difference bc their so close

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
I wouldnt get the eGo VV. Its really not a true VV and the 3 voltages are more like 3V, 3.4-3.5V, and 3.9V.

When I pointed this out at the time of the Ego VV release I was shouted down, somewhat, by vendors over the definition of "variable voltage". The fact remains, the voltage range of the Ego VV battery is limited and it cannot be considered a true VV device when measured against a dual-battery setup or one with a booster circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread