Thinkng about building a VV Bottom Feeder and ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I understand that I can make the tube flush with the bottom of the connector if I use a one way valve. I've found some that I think will work at Cole-Parmer. If I do that, I'll need to get air back into the bottle. A tee with another valve will work for that but, I'm hoping some of you have a better suggestion.

That's gonna take up a lot of space in your enclosure. I'd work on return air flow and use just one check valve

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
That's gonna take up a lot of space in your enclosure. I'd work on return air flow and use just one check valve

Your just a little bit ahead of me. If you're verifying that putting in a check valve will insure that I can feed through an adapter, great. I agree with you on the space. So, where can I get a description of something that's not a check valve that will allow air in but, not allow juice out? I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of something that did it but, it was unclear how it worked.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Ok I'm clear with how you mean the fitting. I've got luer-lock needles, but my syringes have been luer slip, so friction fit. With the 510, if you have the needle set high, then it can't suck back juice below the top of the needle. Through the adapter with a longer needle the same principle would apply. With the check valve this adds a fair amount of complication, but could also be an important feature. If you have a solid plan for this and want to go through the effort then hey, go for it.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
To be honest, I can't think of a better way than the needle in a needle to be certain I'll be able to feed through an adapter. If I got that route, I don't need the check valve. I already have a bottom feeder that uses a needle and backfeeding is not an issue. If I had 20 things I wanted to feed into, I'd probably consider it too much trouble but, for now, I just want to feed a 510 and a 901 on an adapter. I only have to make two of them.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Your just a little bit ahead of me. If you're verifying that putting in a check valve will insure that I can feed through an adapter, great. I agree with you on the space. So, where can I get a description of something that's not a check valve that will allow air in but, not allow juice out? I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of something that did it but, it was unclear how it worked.

Have no idea about something that's not a check valve; but a single check valve works just fine

fonovv1.jpg

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Have no idea about something that's not a check valve; but a single check valve works just fine.

Thanks for the reply. :)

That looks like the pic I've seen before. For one thing, I'm not sure of the function of that steel thing in the middle. However, if you just have the one check valve, how does air get back into the bottle? You can't keep compressing it forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread