Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
You cover it at the top but a statement that: Nicotine in High Concentrations can be harmful or deadly please read .......link...... should still be there

buy multiple 1ml syringes and 20 gauge blunt tip needles (5-10) useful when mixing multiple flavors without contaminating or having to stop and rinse syringes.

Many mixes take time to develop. Give them time not more ingredients. MTS vape Wizard\smooth is an ingredient of last resort. Generally does more harm than good.

Ethyl Maltol and sweetner are not the same thing.

Marshmallow is as close as DIY mixing gets to a magical ingredient

Tape your syringes

14 gauge and 20 gauge blunt tip needles. The others not so much.

I Know some of this ( or all ) is covered in the linked blogs. some may not get that far

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
This one is just a bullet point list of tips for people starting out. It is by no means comprehensive, just a few things I wish I knew before diving in. If you have time to check it out and provide feedback, thanks. I promise not to cry over any criticism, and if it is constructive, I will use it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/boletus/6859-general-tips-new-e-juice-diy-ers.html

That's a really good blog on "giving the basic things to think about when your new" and very helpful to the new DYI'r. I agree that, that's basic enough information and expanded information can be found in the more advanced blogs. My thought on "If they never make it to the more advanced stuff" there not really serious about DYI........Nice job.

One recommendation. Expand on the "asking questions" to not just be spicific about the title but be spicific in the questions asked, giving as much detail as possible. We all know that it's hard to formulate a responce to. "I made a mix and it taste like crap" then they give no details about the mix.

Last edited:
You cover it at the top but a statement that: Nicotine in High Concentrations can be harmful or deadly please read .......link...... should still be there

buy multiple 1ml syringes and 20 gauge blunt tip needles (5-10) useful when mixing multiple flavors without contaminating or having to stop and rinse syringes.

Many mixes take time to develop. Give them time not more ingredients. MTS Vape Wizard\smooth is an ingredient of last resort. Generally does more harm than good.

Ethyl Maltol and sweetner are not the same thing.

Marshmallow is as close as DIY mixing gets to a magical ingredient

Tape your syringes

14 gauge and 20 gauge blunt tip needles. The others not so much.

I Know some of this ( or all ) is covered in the linked blogs. some may not get that far

Added emphasis for safety threads, incorporated tape on syringe markings, and mentioned steeping. The rest of your points are all good, useful info, but a bit more advanced than my target scope for this blog. And I'm basically an ignoramus when it comes to flavorings and additives, so I will leave those discussions to others. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and provide feedback.

One recommendation. Expand on the "asking questions" to not just be spicific about the title but be spicific in the questions asked, giving as much detail as possible. We all know that it's hard to formulate a responce to. "I made a mix and it taste like crap" then they give no details about the mix.

Added bullet point: "If you want help with a specific mix or recipe, include as much detail as possible: base nic concentration and PG/VG content; desired final nic concentration, PG/VG ratio, and volume (ml); and amounts of each flavoring and additive are all relevant. For the flavorings, mention the brand as well as the name of the flavor; there are a ton of RY4 flavorings, for example, and many of them bear little or no resemblance to each other."

Thanks.

I like your repetition of "Start slow." You might explain briefly what steeping is and why you need to steep some juices. Overall, very well done AND your spelling, punctuation and grammar are good (one of my pet peeves).

Yeah, I just added a bit about steeping; it is useful to know about that before starting. But I left the details to Danny's blog and pointed people toward that. Thanks for the composition compliment, although I suspect the grammar gods may punish me for "start slow." But then it seems like using adjectives instead of adverbs is commonplace now, and it just looked better on the page that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread