My First Blog: QC and Feedback Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to start a blog about the mathematics involved in DIY. Nothing too intense, just some algebraic manipulation of the mixing equation, since people often ask, how do you do that? It might be pretty useless for people that don't know basic algebra, and it includes a recommendation to use one of the calculator applications/web pages. But for those with some algebra skills, it provides the how and why of what the calculators do (sans programming). I think understanding the math is valuable when plugging numbers into a calculators. And for those that wish to set up their own spreadsheets, it might be helpful.

So I am looking for feedback. Firstly, is it correct? I put in some time checking it, but a fresh set of eyes is always good for typos and boneheaded errors. Second, I would like to include links to more of the claculators people use, and what are their selling points? Do you like this one for using on your phone, or that one because it allows weight measurements, or...? Third, how hard is it to follow? Should I explain some things in more detail or provide more examples? Fourth, is this just a really dumb idea, and if people can't figure it out for themselves, am I just giving them a way to get themselves in trouble?

With all that in mind, I only really need a few people that are good with math and algebraic notation to check for correctness, but I seek all of the feedback I can get regarding the other points. So if you are bored and have a few extra minutes, click the brand spanking new "1" next to "Blog Entries" under my avatar and let me know what you think. And if you have other math-related questions you would like me to tackle, I will see what I can do. (No, I will not do your taxes, sorry :blink:).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread