This and that and Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Finally found a doctor here (been searching for months). Hopefully now I won't run out of scripts again. I ran out last week and had nothing for 3 days. I was told to go to the ER so I did. The doc (and all the staff I saw) there was great. Hooked me up with a 30 script of my daily meds and nearly 3 months of my "take as needed" meds.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Tracy, I'm glad my crochet brings up happy memories for you. I know how much you have to do, but take care of you and family time too!

I'm enjoying the rain, we need it here. It does interfere with getting outside to do things tho :)

I beg your pardon Mr. TT...we do have northern living magazines! They teach us how to shovel snow after we get to enjoy the fall colors ;)

yankeemagazine.jpg

Morning all!

LOL, Bov. I get to enjoy Fall colors and never have to shovel snow :)

I understand what you are saying about places that don't have a change of seasons though. Blah.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
TT, I commend you on showing restraint and sparing us 'Northerner's'. Some of that Southern Hospitality is leaking out ;). I lived in New Orleans for 38 years (Katrina moved me out), and Houston 4 Years. My "What I don't miss" list is much shorter than my "What I do miss"list.

Things I don't miss about the Deep South: #1 THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY
There might be one or two more items on that list, but they escape me at the moment :)

I wouldn't trade shoveling snow for the 'long, hot, and humid' summers for anything, less than a million dollars (I can be bought). :blush: And, I can say this because my daughter is in charge of 'Shoveling Snow'. :D

My brother still lives in Houston and I don't dare call him in the summer (For the other 'Northerner's', summer in Houston is from May through mid-October.), unless I want to hear about his $400 water bill and his dying backyard sanctuary (the money pit) or his monthly $500 electric bill, generated by non-stop A/C, in attempt to keep his 3000 sq ft house somewhat comfortable for him and his cat.

And why does he continue to do this? Stupid Southern Pride!

Now, for something much more important, How to repair an Under-wire Bra. To think how many bras I have thrown away because the wire broke and to see just how easy it would have been to fix them!!!!:cry:

How To Repair An Underwire BraOne Good Thing by Jillee | One Good Thing by Jillee

Oh, I almost forgot "Good Afternoon All" Hope your having a wonderful TGIF! Not that this means anything to TT. Come to think about it, I have no where to go Monday thru Friday either. :laugh:

Good to see you back, sluers. And you tell them! :thumbs: TT is only trying to convince himself that he likes it where he is.

sluers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Shrewsbury, PA
Sweet sluers. come back down here as soon as you can. The South can always use more fine people like you!

TT

I'll always be a Southerner in my heart and soul, but I have a medical condition that makes me intolerant to heat, especially combined with humidity. I can't even take a hot bath or shower. So the likelihood of my moving back is slim-to-none. Besides, if I left, who would the locals talk about, LOL!:laugh:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
LOL, I'll pay my air conditioning bill!!! There's been plenty of times we've run it Christmas Day! And that post is why I'm glad to do it!!

5Card, I knew instantly you were a Southern boy! I never had a doubt!

Sweet sluers. come back down here as soon as you can. The South can always use more fine people like you!

And all the rest of you snow shovelers, we have lots of room and a warm welcome for you too!!!

TT

Another good reason to have a change of seasons. Christmas does not seem like Christmas with the A/C running lol

sluers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Shrewsbury, PA
Sluers, that is precisely how I would describe my first New England winters! Moving to Ct 3 years ago was not my first time living up north, I lived in Maine from '93 to '97.

Bon, We have even more in common.:laugh: I moved here 4 years ago. The first real snow was a 'rude' awakening for me. Especially since the Borough rules require the shoveling of snow from the walkway within two hours after the snow stops. Of course, I don't actually do the shoveling, my daughter does, but I have to keep on her until its completed. It might be easier for me if I could do the shoveling, LOL!:laugh:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
We have those rules here too Sluers, but we don't have sidewalk in our neighborhood. I do have to shovel and snow blow the driveway and the brick walkway up to the front door. I'd be perfectly happy with snow if it would just fall on the yard and not anywhere else ;)

My biggest problem is getting MIL to get out of my way so I can get it done. She's a backseat driver when I'm using the snow blower, even worse when I drive her somewhere. One of those passengers who yells "stop! go! do you see that car in front of you?!"

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks 5c, I haven't had the cap off my OB in 2 years so it's threads are kinda stiff.

Well my O-buzz has an 801 cap and my Buzz Pro has an 901/808 cap on it and sometimes I like them the other way around so I just leave the center post attached on both and switch caps. Oh the center posts interchange too BTW.

In fact here's a pic of both caps on the same Buzz Pro.

dsc02387fk.jpg
futnkbzz.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread