Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I kinda sorta thought that many eGo style batteries came off the charger at 4.2 volts. I've just tested two different batteries right off the charger, a 450 mAh, and a 1300 mAh. My multimeter was reading 4.11/4.12 volts. The charger is indicating fully charged, so was just curious about it.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Thanks for the replies The 1300 is brand spankin new. Probably just a plus/minus accuracy thing with my meter. I will say, it is a pain in the rear to try to read the voltage of the eGo sytle batteries. You really need two people. The red probe has to be touching the center post, the black probe has to touch the inner thread walls, and you have to press the button at the same time. I wish I had 3 or more hands.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Thanks for the replieds The 1300 is brand spankin new. Probably just a plus/minus accuracy thing with my meter. I will say, it is a pain in the read to try to read the voltage of the eGo sytle batteries. You really need two people. The red probe has to be touching the center post, the black probe has to touch the inner thread walls, and you have to press the button at the same time. I wish I had 3 or more hands.

Someone makes a atomizer with some wires and alligator clips on it just for that purpose but I cant remember who I have one a vendor made for me when I use to do reviews.

Im sure you could find someone to make you one in the moders forum

EDIT: Its made from a long 510 to 510 adapter not a atomizer

Last edited:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Thanks for the replies The 1300 is brand spankin new. Probably just a plus/minus accuracy thing with my meter. I will say, it is a pain in the rear to try to read the voltage of the eGo sytle batteries. You really need two people. The red probe has to be touching the center post, the black probe has to touch the inner thread walls, and you have to press the button at the same time. I wish I had 3 or more hands.

Someone makes a atomizer with some wires and alligator clips on it just for that purpose but I cant remember who I have one a vendor made for me when I use to do reviews.

Im sure you could find someone to make you one in the moders forum

I just hold the probes like chopsticks.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
That's normal.

The voltage will vary (on an unregulated battery) as it discharges.

tenergydischarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread