Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
A look back to the Sears catalog going back to 1937. Find the year you were born.

My first microsope and chemistry set were in there! Many other things, too. Amazing trip thru nostalgia of our lives! I had so many of these things as a child.
Most of them are all here:
The Catalogs!

I'm sure some of you guys will remember the woodworking stuff?
page0259.jpg

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
A look back to the Sears catalog going back to 1937. Find the year you were born.

My first microsope and chemistry set were in there! Many other things, too. Amazing trip thru nostalgia of our lives! I had so many of these things as a child.
Most of them are all here:
The Catalogs!

I'm sure some of you guys will remember the woodworking stuff?
page0259.jpg

Hi Horsy..long time.
I love looking through those old catalogs, especially the old school tools. I had a chemistry set and microscope too...I don't recall if they were from Sears though. (matter of fact, I still have a chemistry set and microscope..still play with.)
I had the boy's carpenter set in the pic, it was from Sears. The one for $4.98
The grouchy half was at Sears earlier today..It seems that they (she and my son) once again tried to mow a
large rock and bent heck out of the shaft. That's the 3rd mower they kill. I made her pay for it this time.

I assume you know that Sears just filed for bankruptcy.

Good to see you're still giving them heck.. ;)
Regards,
Hazy

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Post up your favs. :)
I just looked at the catalogs page.. Memories of the Spiegel catalog came rushing to my pointy head.
I still have a plaid coat my mom bought for me from Spiegel when I was 12.. I have a pic of me wearing it at a demonstration protesting the Viet Nam war at a march in Atlanta when I was in college.
(I was there covering it as a journalist.. :rolleyes: )

• Informative
Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I remember getting these for Christmas one year:
1.png

I also vividly remember having this in the basement. I remember vividly because my parents had a party for my mom's birthday, and I was playing with the dart board with other kids while holding a wet face cloth to my eye the entire time.

A couple days before I went to burger king and was looking down the straw. I accidentally fell forward and caught the straw with my eye ball. I spent a good 2 weeks with that wet cloth to my face until it healed.

My girlfriend says you can still see the circle in my eye ball when she gets up close.

2.png

Reactions: HazyShades
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread