• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This Might Be A Big Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
Just because it doesn't say provari or Darwin, doesn't mean it is a cheap quality item.
Provari is like the apple of electronics
High priced and beginner friendly.
I wouldn't mind trying this thing out I do like carbon looks

Posted using
Rooted galaxy s2 -blazer rom 1.45Ghz-

It may very well be decent quality, I guess the button on it (which looks like the "ego" clone button that fails all the time), just makes me think it looks like it may be lower quality.

I honestly hope it isn't though!

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Wont know til april, sorry about the rant I just have seen SO much praise for the provari its ridiculous ... there ARE so many more varivolt designs out there that get knocked of peoples lists because its not a "common" name.
Now I'm not saying provari should be avoided, what I am saying is give some of the other brands a fair chance

Posted using

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
They have the potential to be very good and a big hit. Quality control is my only concern. Their QC on their cartos has been almost non-existent the past few months, considering I have 4 packs of cartos at home (3x 1.5ohm DCT and 1x 2.7ohm single coil) that have so far all been really poor performers. Let's hope they take a little more care with their PVs. (I know they already have the Bolt, but that's about as simple as a tube mod gets.)

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Wont know til april, sorry about the rant I just have seen SO much praise for the provari its ridiculous ... there ARE so many more varivolt designs out there that get knocked of peoples lists because its not a "common" name.
Now I'm not saying provari should be avoided, what I am saying is give some of the other brands a fair chance

Posted using

Don't knock them til you try them. Most VVPVs and even regulated mods will not give you the exact same wattage or voltage from the 1st vape til you exhaust the battery.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
My take on it is.. IF it's From Smoktech tred carefully. Okay here is a partial list..

E-Power 14650 first edition non-ego threads some button issues, failing switches.
E-power 14650 second edition non-ego threads hard plastic button on switch and switch high failure rate
E-power 14650 third edition switch white led total failure, switch failures and carts below 2ohm did not work
E-power 14650 fourth edition blue switch works so far but still non-ego threads.

E-power 18650 first edition button failures, hard to thread resulting in cross threaded battery tubes.
E-power 18650 second edition hard plastic button on switch battery tube pressed in insert did not match early editions some switch failure but less.
E-power 18650 third edition 5 volt switch limited amounts very high failure rate
E-power 18650 discontinued by nearly every supplier because of bad support from Smoktech.
E-power 18650 new introduction with ego threads, but switch is now incorporated with battery tube
This turns out to be a COPY of the real Joyce 18650 mod except the Joyce switch is removable .

Most suppliers just discontinued carrying Smoktech mods because they would not take care of the problems and the suppliers wanted to take care of the customers which they could not do, resulting in a very fustrating situation.

They will probably sell it reasonable, but the only way to see if Smoktech is serious about customer satisfaction or only cares for their bottom line will be to open one up. Then when you see 30 guage wiring going to the 510 connector you will know it's the bottom line being taken care of..

Last edited:

Mr.Whitecloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Richmond B.C
Looks like a poor mans Provari,but I am not going to knock it til I have given one a decent go.I like the looks of it personally,and if it performs as well as it looks maybe the big boys on the block may have a little competition.I know some have champagne tastes and beer paycheques,this may be the pimped up pontiac wanting to be a cadillac.:D and succeeding beyond its wildest dreams.

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
Last edited:

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
This will be the exact same thing as the LT. If the price is right it will sell like hot cakes.

As for QC, look at the LT. Crooked connectors, buttons with "paint" that came off. But hey guess what, at $100 they still sold like mad, and they still do! Why? Because for $100 I can get a PV that goes from 3v to 6v.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Can we all agree to stop using the term "Poor mans Provari"?

Please? Bahaha, and for $100 idk get one, this doesn't look painted it looks more like a nice logo with a glossed finish..could just be my phone though :-\ ....

Posted using

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
My take on it is.. IF it's From Smok tek tred carefully. Okay here is a partial list..

E-Power 14650 first edition non-ego threads some button issues, failing switches.
E-power 14650 second edition non-ego threads hard plastic button on switch and switch high failure rate
E-power 14650 third edition switch white led total failure, switch failures and carts below 2ohm did not work
E-power 14650 fourth edition blue switch works so far but still non-ego threads.

E-power 18650 first edition button failures, hard to thread resulting in cross threaded battery tubes.
E-power 18650 second edition hard plastic button on switch battery tube pressed in insert did not match early editions some switch failure but less.
E-power 18650 third edition 5 volt switch limited amounts very high failure rate
E-power 18650 discontinued by nearly every supplier because of bad support from Smok Tek.

E-power 18650 new introduction with ego threads, but switch is now incorporated with battery tube
This turns out to be a COPY of the real Joyce 18650 mod except the Joyce switch is removable .

Most suppliers just discontinued carrying Smok Tek mods because they would not take care of the problems and the suppliers wanted to take care of the customers which they could not do, resulting in a very fustrating situation.

They will probably sell it reasonable, but the only way to see if Smok Tek is serious about customer satisfaction or only cares for their bottom line will be to open one up. Then when you see 30 guage wiring going to the 510 connector you will know it's the bottom line being taken care of..

You certainly have the timeline right on this one! I agree with everything you say except the name. It's SmokTech that makes these. I'll be keeping a close eye on the new VV's to be sure. I would love to see them come out with a winner this time.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I hope that ring around the connection is removable. Maybe remove it too revel a ego connection. That would be cool.

The "ring" would be the connector itself, the gap between it and the rest of the body being the drip well. You'd have to use an eGo adapter for skirted cartos and clearos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread