Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I'm wanting my next PV to be VV. The ProVari is a little out of my budget and the Darwin is way too pricey. I've been considering the Lavatube or possibly the Madvapes VV mod. Any suggestions for VV mods for someone that is starting in VV?

my start in the VV world was the madvapes 35$ cheapy box,,which can also be bought as a do-it-yourself kit for 18 bucks..

i still use my ego as much as my ipro and mv box though

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm wanting my next PV to be VV. The ProVari is a little out of my budget and the Darwin is way too pricey. I've been considering the Lavatube or possibly the Madvapes VV mod. Any suggestions for VV mods for someone that is starting in VV?

I smoked a pack and a half a day.

Ended up being around $8 a day.

8x30= $240

The ProVari is $180 ( plus batteries and charger ).

It ended up being less than one months of cigarettes.

If you think of it in those terms, the Provari is still cheap as hell.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I smoked a pack and a half a day.

Ended up being around $8 a day.

8x30= $240

The ProVari is $180 ( plus batteries and charger ).

It ended up being less than one months of cigarettes.

If you think of it in those terms, the Provari is still cheap as hell.

The Provari and the Darwin are the same price when you add in the batteries, the charger and the extended cap. Plus it's an extra $25 to get to the same warranty level that the Darwin provides. Cost wise, they are about the same.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The Provari and the Darwin are the same price when you add in the batteries, the charger and the extended cap. Plus it's an extra $25 to get to the same warranty level that the Darwin provides. Cost wise, they are about the same.

Absolutely true.

I got to play with a Darwin at a meet up and it's a great device.

The deciding factor for me was the removable and replaceable battery. I've had battery issues with my iPhones ( 3G & 4 ) and I didn't want to risk it when it came to my e cig. I don't want to run out of battery while I'm out and about. With the ProVari, I can just throw in another battery and I'm good to go.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Absolutely true.

I got to play with a Darwin at a meet up and it's a great device.

The deciding factor for me was the removable and replaceable battery. I've had battery issues with my iPhones ( 3G & 4 ) and I didn't want to risk it when it came to my e cig. I don't want to run out of battery while I'm out and about. With the ProVari, I can just throw in another battery and I'm good to go.

I've never had a battery issue with the Darwin or read of anyone having one. Never having to carry extra batteries again was a big plus for me when purchasing the Darwin. I've never gotten less than 21 hours on a charge with regular resistence attys or less than 12 hours with DCC's. The fact that it doubles as a pass-through makes it easy to not be concerned.

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
I finally ended up getting a Lavatuvbe, because of the price. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not havinga good experience with it. 1 I don't get a true 6v out of it, I can tell I've ran my SB at 6v and this isn't the same. I feel like I'm getting better vapor with a low res on 3.7 than I am with the lavatube on anything. Also, with some juices I have to go really low to get flavor out of them and then I don't get much vapor. LT seems to give me more throathit, but less flavor. If any has suggestions I'd take them. Been running it on stanard res and low res Boge Cartos and a Vision Stone. The vision stone seems to work the best. Just confuses me some because everyone seems to love Boge cartos. Should I be trying the HV cartos?

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I've been using a tank system and haven't had any problems at any voltage on mine. I think the key is keeping the carto saturated at all times. Also, beware if you're using a higher VG juice. Cartos and VG don't mix well unless you can syringe the juice fully through the carto. I've had no issues with vapor or flavor using a tank and a double punched 3.0ohm Boge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread