Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I think any of the suggestions posted would be good.
The box mod is great cheap way to try VV vaping, but the only downside is their not as sturdy as alot of the tube mods since their plastic.
The BuzzPro and IPro are both much cheaper than the Provari/Darwin and people seem to really like them. They both have a dial to change the voltage like a box mod does. IPro is longer but skinnier, while the BuzzPro is shorter but fatter. The buzzPro has some new colors you can get it in that look really nice. The Ipro is $30 cheaper though.
The lavatube is a very affordable VV device. You can get the whole kit for only $99 and with the coupon code it's about $90. Or if you already have the batteries and charger you can buy just the PV for $69, and I think it's about $63 with the coupon. I haven't used the lavatube yet but people seem to really like it. A definite plus is that it has an LCD screen like the Provari and you can change the voltage in .1V increments, which some people like more than a dial to change voltage bc you know the exact voltage your vaping at. You can get the lavatube in silver now too instead of only black and I'm pretty sure they are going to offer it in red as well, but right now it's just black or silver.

In the end I think you'd be really happy with any of them. If I had to pick though I'd prob go with the lavatube just because of the price. It's almost half the price of the BuzzPro and it's got an LCD screen like the Provari which will allow you to change the voltage in .1increments and find your perfect vape. Even if it doesn't last as long as the BuzzPro, you could basically buy a second one and still spend about the price it costs for 1 BuzzPro. Also it's not a ton more than the VV box mod, but will be alot sturdier and should be able to take more of a beating. I'm right out of college and pay for school myself so I def know what it's like to be on a budget. Right now I'm completely satisfied with my Epower, but if I do ever end up buying a VV PV, I'll prob end up getting a lavatube just bc it's a nice VV that won't break the bank.
But like I said, I think you'll really like any of them.
Goodluck!!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The buzz pro and infinity pro work up to 15w, higher power than lt, provari, darwin, if you like power.

I tend to stay in the 8 - 10w zone, use 2.5 & 3.1 ohm cartos at 4.5 - 5.2v. It's nice to be able to punch it higher when I want to, though :)

They are all decent pv, it depends on what you want.

bullet

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2011
Philippines
first time to join the ecig band wagon.
did a lot of reading here and local forums.

Initially interested in a more cigarette-looking type.
then saw the lavatube.

Review a couple of variable voltage ecigs.
weight the pros and cons.

Fell in love with the "love-a-tube" (lavatube) more!
So after 8 days, bought that kit and been vaping eversince.

No complaints (yet).
Stable built i might add.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
My suggestions....

BuzzPro - notcigs.com.

Krimson Kustoms VV Box Mod - JamesW here on the forums builds a very nice VV box mod and stands behind his work. Uses the vari-cool chip which is something you need to consider. It prolongs your battery life and the box won't get hot.

Maximumvapors builds box mods. I have one of his 5V box mods and got another one for my neighbor for Christmas. The electronics inside are very clean. I don't have one of his VV mods but they come with the evercool chip which, I think, is the same type of chip (or is the same) as the vari-cool...same principles.

As for madvapes VV box mod. They are okay but I had a big issue with the one I bought. I chainvape and could hot box it. I don't like that. I got it almost to the point of melting the box. If you're a medium or light vaper, it would be good to get but for me, it wasn't. I'm not knocking the mod...just stating the issue I had with it.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
You CANNOT go wrong listening carefully to Hairball. She pointed me the The BP about 5 months ago. I bought 2 and am very happy. I'm still going to buy a LT because I want to. It's cheaper and if I take it on the boat fishing and drop it oveboard or ruin it with saltwater, I'll only feel half as bad as losing a BP.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I literary JUST took the plunge into a VV mod myself!

I was tempted by the madvapes, super cheap but I would have to build it so wasn't feeling that one...

I wanted to get a Lavatube but there seems to be some quality control issues for now until the kinks are worked out...

When I saw one of my go to vendors selling a customizable VV box mod I had to ask myself, Do I REALLY need the screen?

So my VV box mod is on order and should be here next week! I'm so excited! Goes from about 3.2V-7.4V woot woot I don't think I'll ever use 7 volts but having the choice to vape my head off will be fun. I can't wait to my Detonator from Mister E! MEL VV Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread