The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Those e-cigarette calculators

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ricksinvest, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ricksinvest

ricksinvest Senior Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Houston, TX
    The ones that show money saved and "analogs avoided"

Do any of you guys know of one for dripping where you could figure let's say three drops = one analog?

Just curious

2. Mindfield

Mindfield Vaping Master ECF Veteran Verified Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I don't know that this would even be possible. Aside from the inaccuracy of "drop" as a unit of measure, there isn't really any equivalency between X amount of juice at Y strength and an analog cigarette of X strength. There are far too many variables at play and some relative unknowns when it comes to E-cigarettes and E-liquid that there's no functional way to draw any parallels. (And any E-cig that claims their cartridges are equivalent to X number or packs of cigarettes is pulling numbers completely out of their sphincter.)

3. ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I know what I was spending on analogs before and since I've started vaping I've had to shell out for "infrastructure". But now that I've settled on a kit and juices, I'll have to wait a while to see what the savings will be. At least I know I have savings!

Thanks

4. Mindfield

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Absolutely. With smokes priced the way they are these days it almost doesn't matter what kind of cash you drop on whatever kit(s) you have and juices you're trying, your break even point is never that far down the road. :) Between July and yesterday I've dropped probably close to a grand on stuff and I'm still well ahead of the game. (The most recent purchase was a whack of DIY supplies so I should be able to cut my spending drastically for a good while now.)

5. desertrat84

desertrat84 Full Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Kingsland Ga
    I don't know if this helps or not but medically speaking 16 drops=1mL. The wife is currently in nursing school. From what I can tell given the advertised capacity of the cartos I use and my count that is atleast close.

6. ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
    Houston, TX
    At the rate I was spending, I could probably get a new starter kit every three or four days. ;)

7. ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
    Houston, TX
    OK then ... this is just a math problem then. If I assume 3 drops is one analog and multiply out for a 20ml bottle at $10.99, I could actually get this....

I'll do one when my head stops hurting :facepalm:

8. Mindfield

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    The problem is that the size of one drop is dependent upon the viscosity of the liquid. Thicker liquids have greater surface tension and make larger drops than thinner liquids.

9. GIMike

GIMike Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    I think that depends on the viscosity of the liquid being "dropped'. 1 drop of water isn't going to be equivilant (volume-wise) to 1 drop of molasses. While e-liquids don't vary quite that drastically, there's still a pretty good variation in the thickness of different liquids that could affect how much is in 1 drop compared to the other.

**Edit** yeah, what Minefield said, faster than I did.

10. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Those calculators are usually based on how many cigarettes you smoked per day vs. how many days you haven't smoked any, and how much a pack of cigarettes cost where you live. That's really the easiest way to figure it all out without wanting to put your head through a wall or throw yourself off a cliff.

If you want, you can add your name to this list!

Global "We Quit" Calculator

11. r4nd0mCh40s

r4nd0mCh40s Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Where do you get those banners for your sigs?

12. Mindfield

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Many vendors offer one. Take a look at people's sigs. If you see one you like you can usually click on it and it'll bring you to the page to make your own and then provide you with the code you need to add to your sig to make it show up.

13. r4nd0mCh40s

r4nd0mCh40s Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.