• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Thoughts from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

azlester

Sep 15, 2013
phoenix,az
Being new to vaping I just want to toss out some experiences/observations from the first 96 hrs of my experience so far.

1. So far the 2 lookalike ego 1100 mah batteries from the $22 starter kit I bought are doing great! 2 days of vaping on a charge and still holding up well. I am keeping my fingers crossed they continue to hold up.
2. CE4 clearomizers really do suck! the ones that came in the kit were nothing of any real value. I would have been better off just getting batteries and a charger. I did purchase some SmokTech ARO Pyrex clearomizers. 2 of the 3 coils that came leaked at the wicks from the get go. I do have some more replacement coils in route but I did make some good use of the CE4... robbed the wicks from one and used a piece of it in the ARO to slow down the flow some. But what a huge difference the ARO's make in both the quality and quantity of the vapor! WOW! If I can get the leaking stopped it will be a winner for sure.
3. Being in a hurry and anxious to start as I opened up the starter kit, I made the mistake of running down to the local smoke shop for some juice... I will NEVER make that mistake again. It may be ok for a pack of smokes or a bag of tobacco, but nooooo vaping stuff! The juice I got was way over priced and really tasted bad(was supposed to be raspberry) so much so it almost tasted like coconut...lol If I had not used the store credit I had there to get it I would have been really upset. So in the end it didn't cost me anything and it did get me started till my order from MBV arrived.

Having been a smoker for 44 years and smoking 2 packs plus a day I am now down to 4 or less cigs a day. I have been doing just a tad over 1ml a day so far of 18mg juice which I think is pretty darn good. I have not gone postal on anyone nor have I completely emptied the frig and and pantry. The smell of MBV raspberry lemon-aid rolling through the house is much more pleasant then the smell of tobacco.

Over all I am happy. I am really hoping that this will allow me to get off tobacco for good. I cant wait for the food to start tasting better and the morning coughing to go away!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
1. So far the 2 lookalike ego 1100 mah batteries from the $22 starter kit I bought are doing great! 2 days of vaping on a charge and still holding up well. I am keeping my fingers crossed they continue to hold up.

Sounds like a pretty good start!
Great deal on the batteries!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Sounds like you're doing really well (aside from the e-liquid... yuck!).

Have you considered a Kanger Mini ProTank? I have the regular ProTank, and they're great. The minis are perfect on an eGo. A bonus is you can use any drip tip on it you like.

Hang in there, and don't sweat the few ciggies you smoke. Every single one avoided is a HUGE victory. Not everyone completely gives them up after starting vaping, but if you can, it's awesome! It's all about harm reduction. I know for me, going from 2 packs a day to 2 cigarettes a day was HUGE. I also chain vaped (and I use about 4ml a day of 24mg! LOL).

I think you are really doing terrific! Congrats!

Last edited:

longbraids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Colville Wa,USA
Congratz sounds like you are doing great, took me almost a month before I realized everything tasted better, I never got the smokers cough even though I smoked over twenty years. But have a friend who started vaping get almost instant relief from his smokers cough. :)
Everybody is different so hang in there you will see more and more positives.There is so much good info on this forum, I'm a four month old vaper (just a babe in the mods) I'm sure glad your not smoking so much anymore way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread