Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Sorry about another "what's best" thread but I will narrow this down

I'm looking to upgrade from my ipv4s or just to have a second high powered mod, I've got these in mind but would appreciate any feedback

Sigelie 150 TC
X cube 2
Snow wolf 200 TC
Ipv3 li

Any I may have missed please let me know, all the above have TC which I like to have and are 150w or more

What's best? And what else is out there?

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
IPV4.... for a backup.

I don't know when you'd ever want to go over more than 120+ watts... even on my new tank the SMOK TFV4 I keep it around 95-100 watts and that's about the highest I'll go, I won't even go that high on my drippers because it's just painful. But if you insist on going that high I'd go with the Snow Wolf or the IPV3LI. I have the IPV3LI and it works great. Goes up to 200 watts which you'll probably never need to go up to. I would also look at the new volcano with the dna 200 in it.. anything with that chip in it will be pretty solid.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I don't know when you'd ever want to go over more than 120+ watts... even on my new tank the SMOK TFV4 I keep it around 95-100 watts and that's about the highest I'll go, I won't even go that high on my drippers because it's just painful. But if you insist on going that high I'd go with the Snow Wolf or the IPV3LI. I have the IPV3LI and it works great. Goes up to 200 watts which you'll probably never need to go up to. I would also look at the new volcano with the dna 200 in it.. anything with that chip in it will be pretty solid.
Thanks dude, your right about the wattage usage, I think I've Vaped over 100w once however it's kinda you want more power cause I may use it one day lol

Need to look at the volcano as your right Dan 200 chip is awesome

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Thanks dude, your right about the wattage usage, I think I've Vaped over 100w once however it's kinda you want more power cause I may use it one day lol

Need to look at the volcano as your right Dan 200 chip is awesome

It's the new lavabox by them, probably the newest and sleekest one out right now. I know suckmymod has one.. RIPTRIPPERS might have a review of it up already. Actually heres a bunch of reviews.

http://www.volcanoecigs.com/blog/lavabox-dna-200-online-launch-update.html

thedeval

Aug 18, 2015
Foggy Hills
I have the Asolo 200w TC by ijoy... and I love it... actually bought two... gave one to son, and made my buddy buy one as well...

to me, it is the best all around Mod.... has the pwr, has TC... and does dry hit protection on kanthal.... something that no one else is doing...

The only reason not to go for this box in my mind is if you are a hard core builder... doing crazy low ohms or glowing so much wire that you have to shed a layer of clothes when you vape....

But if you are doing "normal" .5 to 2 ohm coils, stock or built... it is the perfect Mod... Dual batteries, smaller size, solid built case with a nice clean look....

I guess ppl are gun shy of the claim of DHP on kanthal, or not trusting ijoy because they are not one of the bigger names?? I have to say they are missing out on a very good Mod... differently worth looking into... my 2 cents anyway...

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I would say your best dual battery mods come from smaller builders who use high quality materials and craftsmanship rather than something made in a mass production factory.

I would shop around for a nice box using the SX350j. I'm also hearing of people building dual 18650 DNA 200's although they max out at 133w.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Reactions: Paul lamb

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Varitube sells the Renegade X which is a custom dual 18650 or a kit. I own one that's real nice.

ren4-png.482327

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I would say your best dual battery mods come from smaller builders who use high quality materials and craftsmanship rather than something made in a mass production factory.

I would shop around for a nice box using the SX350j. I'm also hearing of people building dual 18650 DNA 200's although they max out at 133w.

Doesn't the ipv 3li use the sx350j? Isn't it mass produced in a factory? If so. You just talked yourself into a circle.

Reactions: VapeOn88

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Doesn't the ipv 3li use the sx350j? Isn't it mass produced in a factory? If so. You just talked yourself into a circle.
Umm. No. That uses the SX330-V3SL. The SX350j is an entirely different animal. The only things that use the SX350j besides YiHi's own SX Mini are the mods from smaller companies.

You will never find the SX350 in an IPV, Sigelei, Smok, or any other cheap mod. It's YiHi's higher end board and only goes into higher end mods.

What circle did I talk myself into again? If you want to discredit me and win the internet, at least have all your ducks in a row.

Last edited:

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Umm. No. That uses the SX330-V3SL. The SX350j is an entirely different animal. The only things that use the SX350j besides YiHi's own SX Mini are the mods from smaller companies.

You will never find the SX350 in an IPV, Sigelei, Smok, or any other cheap mod. It's YiHi's higher end board and only goes into higher end mods.

What circle did I talk myself into again? If you want to discredit me and win the internet, at least have all your ducks in a row.

I concede. You win the internet. And this is why I postulated my reply as questions. However I have heard and experienced that all yihi chips are solid. "High end" or otherwise. Anyway the op wants a high powered dual box mod and sx mini is only single battery and goes to 60w. So he's better off with something like ipv 3 li which goes up to 200w and has a yihi chip. If you want high end and high power then go with a dna200. I'm gonna get an x cube 2. Not saying that's high end. But it is nice

Reactions: VapeOn88

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I concede. You win the internet. And this is why I postulated my reply as questions. However I have heard and experienced that all yihi chips are solid. "High end" or otherwise. Anyway the op wants a high powered dual box mod and sx mini is only single battery and goes to 60w. So he's better off with something like ipv 3 li which goes up to 200w and has a yihi chip. If you want high end and high power then go with a dna200. I'm gonna get an x cube 2. Not saying that's high end. But it is nice
I use my SX Mini, dual battery with the extension but there are SX350j dual battery mods like the Boxer and Whiteout SX.

Now the lower end YiHi chips are decent if you are building higher or are using a tank with something like a 0.5 ohm coil but pretty inaccurate at lower resistances. I've seen them off by as much as 15w in accuracy tests. And that was on the famed Sigelei 150.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I use my SX Mini, dual battery with the extension but there are SX350j dual battery mods like the Boxer and Whiteout SX.

Now the lower end YiHi chips are decent if you are building higher or are using a tank with something like a 0.5 ohm coil but pretty inaccurate at lower resistances. I've seen them off by as much as 15w in accuracy tests. And that was on the famed Sigelei 150.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm possibly looking into getting a high end mod eventually. I want an sx mini lol. It looks dumb in dual batt mode tho and is still only 60w max. So I stand by what I said. Dna200 is the most powerful and best high end chip on the market right now. I'm sure yihi is working on something tho. BTW how do you test a mods accuracy? Can you use a multimeter to do it or?

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Thanks for the heads up. I'm possibly looking into getting a high end mod eventually. I want an sx mini lol. It looks dumb in dual batt mode tho and is still only 60w max. So I stand by what I said. Dna200 is the most powerful and best high end chip on the market right now. I'm sure yihi is working on something tho. BTW how do you test a mods accuracy? Can you use a multimeter to do it or?
If you watch some of the reviews by people like pBusardo, Matt from Suck My Mod and Twisted 420, they have oscilloscope testing rigs to measure the voltage of the mod. Here's Matt's Sigelei test right here.

And while the SX extension might look weird which is why it's nicknamed the Ugly Stick, it actually looks a bit better in person. I also like the form factor of the mod itself much better than a native dual battery mod which is more bulky.

One thing I like about it is, with the tube, the mod stands up straight in my pocket. Unless you would be wearing skinny jeans, it's a perfect fit. I also have an IPV D2 which is good in a jacket pocket, it falls down sideways in the bottom of my pants pocket. And even in single battery mode. My SX Mini surprisingly hits harder than my D2. at 75w. And if you run it in Powerful Plus mode, it ramps your build up at 80w I believe and then drops it back to 60w. There's also a soft mode which lowers the watts on the ramp up and then raises them. This setting works great for me in the morning when the vapor is still making me cough.

Yihi does have some new things coming out. Their SX350j V2 board is releasing any time now along with the SX Mini ML Class and everyone in my SX Mini Facebook group says YiHi has their possible DNA 200 killer releasing towards the end of the year. The SX350j V2 is the same watts I believe as the current SX but with the added software like the DNA 200.

I'm honestly holding off on another mod until I see what YiHi's answer is. I'm sure both the DNA and SX will be very good. I think for me, it comes down to battery life since the current LiPo's in these DNA 200's have about the battery life S a single 18650. If I was to buy something New now though, it would probably be this one. It's supposed to be future proof with the ability to upgrade it without electrical skills.

https://cloudmakertech.com/product/whiteout-sx/

They have a DNA 200 as well. This one I assume you can swap LiPo batteries in.

https://cloudmakertech.com/product/whiteout-dna/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread