RDA thoughts on the derringer rda ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I just ordered a smpl mod in copper with a brass switch and i am looking at the derringer rda in brass, my goal here is to have a rock solid low voltage drop hard hitting minimalistic mod for sub ohm vaping ... around .5-.8 ohm dual coil or single, but i want it as small as possable so it would seem the smpl and derringer would be the way to go. This wold give me a mod with direct contact from atty pos post to battery with a solid copper tube and a short adjustable airflow 3 post dripper with a copper centerpost.

Has anyone on here been useing the derringer ?

What do you think ... is there enough room for good builds and a decent amount of juice ?

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Derringer is a fad atty imo, tiny and 3 post [emoji107] I'll take a quasar any day also I own a smpl and my stingray x hits ten times harder all authentic! I think the SMPL is a fad mech too! Take it or leave it [emoji12]

Have you built and hit a Derringer?

No prop-whistle thingy, just a small chamber. It doesn't necessarily deserve the popularity it's getting, but it more than a fad, it performs.

anendeloflorien

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
College Station, TX
The smaller the atty, the better the flavor. The Derringer is superb, I have a BF modded one on my Reo with 3mm RxW and dual 3/32 26g 6 wrap coils.

It's very easy to build on, I wouldn't go larger then 3/32 due to the top cap and only use delrin drip tips, its very short.

I was going to ask if anyone has used them on a bottom feeder, seems like it would be the perfect design for a BF. I'm going to get one of the clones soon and see how it performs, if I like it I'll go for the authentic updated version!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I was going to ask if anyone has used them on a bottom feeder, seems like it would be the perfect design for a BF. I'm going to get one of the clones soon and see how it performs, if I like it I'll go for the authentic updated version!

It kicks all of the ... as a bottomfeeder. It's a great atty. Easy to build, superb flavor, can make fog. It's my current favorite... hype, no hype, whatever.

Here's my BF authentic Derringer sitting on top of my REO.

75Mvjg.jpg

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
just got one i think its great. Im using it with ni200 builds.

One thing though coming from leak resistant drippers....is that it leaks which is a PITA for me.

Most of the time im using top airflow drippers (aeolus , rogue , venturi). Not having to deal with leaks brightens up my day.

I have heard people saying they cant get their derringer to leak, but I dont think thats true, unless my build is wonky or im not stuffing enough cotton in the thing.

It will def leak if I put more than 9 drops in. Of course it doenst leak standing upright, but once i grab my vape and tilt it slightly, there will be a puddle.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I just ordered a smpl mod in copper with a brass switch and i am looking at the derringer rda in brass, my goal here is to have a rock solid low voltage drop hard hitting minimalistic mod for sub ohm vaping ... around .5-.8 ohm dual coil or single, but i want it as small as possable so it would seem the smpl and derringer would be the way to go. This wold give me a mod with direct contact from atty pos post to battery with a solid copper tube and a short adjustable airflow 3 post dripper with a copper centerpost.

Has anyone on here been useing the derringeo

What do you think ... is there enough room for good builds and a decent amount of juice ?

I have the authentic in an authentic praxis, if its a fad or not, its still damn good.
Just to make it fiddler, I put a dual twisted build in it, at a 0.2 just to prove its fatness, and I'm getting toms of fad filled vapor.
Not a clue chaser though, guess the mew fad is thick vapor clouds with faderiffic flavor

To the leaky guy... (computer screwing up so I can't scroll up-that's also a fad)
I pull my coils even With the post screws and I don't wick heavy,
This and the freakshow(another fad) get wicked the same for me to avoid leaks... neither have since I started wicking with less cotton

Last edited:

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Roger that, its not 'magma' capacity but its plenty of liquid, and I'm shocked how much build space is in it.
I picked one up, just after the release, and hunted all over for the praxis before they went cloned.
It was like a great mod hunt, luckily someone from here stumbled on it at a local shop when I was looking for one.

I can safely say I got mine 'pre-fad' none of the reviewers had them yet. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread