Not open for further replies.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
But here's a scary part

We’re working with scientists and regulators to promote this next generation of products and advocate a regulatory approach that puts consumer safety and product quality first

How I read it: we're lobbying the regulators to get laws written to conform to our interests in the name of consumer safety and quality. Of course, these regulations will be such that only we are able to adhere to them and the effect will be to drive out all the small businesses and limit the choices for consumers. Minor detail that.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Yep, that's the danger right there ^^^^
that our infinitely wise and benevolent regulators will hand ecigs over to BT and demolish their competition all in one fell swoop, all in the name of "protecting the children". The EU TPD has already taken some serious steps in that direction and I expect FDA will follow suit in short order.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
But here's a scary part

How I read it: we're lobbying the regulators to get laws written to conform to our interests in the name of consumer safety and quality. Of course, these regulations will be such that only we are able to adhere to them and the effect will be to drive out all the small businesses and limit the choices for consumers. Minor detail that.
True dat. But, on the other hand, the TFK, ALA, ACS, BMJ, StC, love to oppose anything the BT ever comes up with...

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
True dat. But, on the other hand, the TFK, ALA, ACS, BMJ, StC, love to oppose anything the BT ever comes up with...

The ANTZ alphabet soup might feign some opposition in this case, but they know very well that a vaping world controlled entirely by BT is a major win for them. It would guarantee funding for their junk science and propaganda machinery thru the TMSA for a long time to come.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
But here's a scary part

Not 'minor' at all, and unfortunately what I see could happen without our own consumer and industry groups. I've 'spoken' on this before regarding rent seeking and I know not everyone agrees or understands it, but history on this in other industries point to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread