The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Throat Hit among various nic levels

Discussion in 'All About Johnson Creek Juice' started by GregH, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GregH

GregH Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    I have seen numerous other threads about comparing throat hit among different nicotine levels. But, as expected, the answers vary wildly and are typically "try xyz's juice; they use a special VG/PG blend" or "try abc's juice, their efg flavor will knock your socks off", etc.

So I thought I would ask about experiences strictly related to JC's juices.

I have stuck with 18 mg and am happy with the TH, both with original and Red Oak. But has anyone done a comparison on the high/medium levels to low or even zero nic in JC's juices?

2. The Big Chief

The Big Chief Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    The throat hit is directly related to the nic level. So, as you drop nic, the Th will also drop. The differences in pg/vg ration dont make near as much difference in TH as nic lvl...pg is harsher than vg, but slight varience. Thats my 2 cents

3. Mitch40

Mitch40 Full Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    I have tried the Red Oak Tenn Cured juice with 0 nic and the (high) 18mg nic. No throat hit whatsoever with the zero nic and heavy throat hit with the 18mg nic.
    This goes with Big Chief above here that the higher the nic content the more throat hit. I really like the Tenn Cured VG! Good stuff..

4. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    Thanks for the replies. That's what I suspected.

5. dopeless-hopefiend

dopeless-hopefiend Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
    Littleton, CO
    In general, I agree with this, BUT - sometimes certain flavors just have a massive throat hit regardless. Dekang or Chinese strawberry liquid has a brutal throat hit (even in the low strength.) I typically love a stout TH but this stuff - whoa, it's a little much.

6. GregH

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    Yeah. I've read that about other juices/flavors, so that's what prompted my question about JC.

7. ViewAskewVapar

ViewAskewVapar Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I've tried all 3 levels of JC RO TC. No TH with the 0 nic, mild TH with the 11mg and a large TH with the 18mg; I will stick with the 18mg. :)

8. Simplejack

Simplejack Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    Washington
    From my experience with other cheap brands like Top Vape. 24mg is like a strong cig, the 18 is like a Normal Camel or Marb smoke. 11mg is like smoking air, and 36mg is like taking a big hit from a cigar and inhaling it..
    for me, 36mg i need to vape less because you can really feel the nicotine, the 18 and under I vape more as you don't feel it nearly as much and it's a more comfortable vape.

9. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    I use the 18mg Tennessee Cured VG, and the nic isn't quite strong enough for me, although I love the flavor!! But when I vape other 24mg flavors, I get a headache from too much nic. I like that Johnson Creek offers the TC in their Original PG at 24mg. I'd like to try a 50/50 mix of both for a nic level of 21mg. I'm hoping that will solve the issue. :)

10. zerominusone

zerominusone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2011
    in your house
    I just asked Johnson Creek about it via e-mail. They told me that the nic level doesn't change the taste at all. Only PG and/or VG make the difference. Oh asked 'em to try to make some that tastes like Jim Beam. We can hope...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.