The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Throat hit, better than nautilus/mini?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by SlideJob Jones, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SlideJob Jones

SlideJob Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hi guys, been a bit since I have posted. Almost a year smoke free!

I find I like a mouth to lung draw, similar to smoking. I like the nautilus and nautilus mini. Is there something that has a similar draw that provides a stronger throat hit? I realize this is accomplished with vg/pg ratios and nic content, but thought I'd ask if there is a better tank currently for my uses and needs.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I've tried many many tanks and I always go back to the Nautilus Mini. So, my answer would be no. IMHO

• Like Like x 2
  3. alongo

alongo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Protem, Missouri
    Kabuki by HoH. Uses nautilus coils awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. thetrucker

thetrucker Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    I have my mini nautilus now in my hand and have added a little menthol to my mix and have a nice throat hit

going just sayin.......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    I'm with the trucker here a bit of menthol makes a huge difference to me. In Spain it's often sold as Glaciar Mint or Glacial Mint - whatever it's called it truly works. Experiment til you find the amount that suits you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cj081283

cj081283 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2015
    You could always check out the eleaf gs air tanks. There about $10 bucks online and not a bad little tank. Besides that I don't think there'll be anything better then the nati/kabuki for what you want.

• Like Like x 4
  7. thetrucker

thetrucker Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Here is my mini nautilus with air ring removed and all 4 holes drilled out bigger and I left the air ring off.

Has great loose draw now and happy with it......... NautilusNoRing.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. verycurious

verycurious Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    if you're interested with building your coils, there are lots of mtl vape rba's out there: taifun gt, taifun gt2, kayfun lite plus, kayfun v4, squape reloaded etc. (my favorite is taifun)
    also you can try new cleormizers like gs-tank, ego one mega ,aspire triton etc. (ego one is very cheap and not bad with 1 ohm clr -rebuildable- coils).

• Like Like x 2
  9. SlideJob Jones

SlideJob Jones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, I discovered what a LOT of the problem was....cheap, imitation coils I have been using. I bought a pack of authentic coils from my local vape shop ($22.....wont wonder why they go out of business soon) and it is MUCH better. The copy ones are pure trash. Three out of the five in the last pack didn't even work. One was bad in a day and the last one worked pretty well for about a week before the taste went to burnt death. Even at that, the throat hit sucked. Lesson learned.

When you guys say add menthol...are you just mixing in some menthol flavored e-liquid, or just a little flavoring?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Others may not do the same; I go for simple solutions - I just buy mint/menthol flavoured juice and mix it with whatever else I am using. I buy the same strength mentholated juice as the other flavours I have and add it a bit at a time til I get the taste/hit I like.

• Like Like x 1
  11. navigator2011

navigator2011 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2013
    Fullerton, CA, USA
    Just go with a 1.2 Ohm Triton Mini coil. You will get a much better throat hit with the same juice you're using right now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.