Throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthgab

Jan 14, 2015
South Korea
So ive had some issues with my ego style batteries and my 1453 atomizer. It seems that the first few puffs deliver fantastic throat hit, but as I continue to chain vape, i feel almost no throat hit at all! Weird thing is im using almost max pg with 12mg of nicotine. I also checked my battery to see if it dropped in voltage, so i changed to a newly charged one.... No effect! Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks

shaz12342

Jan 24, 2015
birmingham
I just created this account to ask about my problems with throat hit and see this. I think your issue is not anything to do with your setup as you are getting a hit in the first place, try drinking plenty of water to clear your throat and see if that helps. Im having a problem having no throat hit whatsoever with my magma rda and its really frustrating.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Throat hit is very much a function of nicotine content. You're vaping 12 mg juice. If you go to 18 mg you'll get more TH. If 18 mg gives you side effects related to too much nicotine, you'll have to lower the nic or vape a bit less.

The TH and the flavor will also go down as you chain vape. You can lessen the flavor loss by changing juice flavors frequently. In my opinion, the only way to get past the lowering of TH is to vape less or go to a higher nic juice.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just created this account to ask about my problems with throat hit and see this. I think your issue is not anything to do with your setup as you are getting a hit in the first place, try drinking plenty of water to clear your throat and see if that helps. Im having a problem having no throat hit whatsoever with my magma rda and its really frustrating.

Hi shaz and welcome to ECF.

Drinking water doesn't have much bearing on TH shaz, or you could have solved your problem by drinking more water :)

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi, darthgab and welcome aboard!

There are at least two possibilities for what you are experiencing:
  1. Chain Vaping
    Throat hit is an irritation of the throat. When you chain vape, your body may be getting used to the irritation. If it's being cause by this, (and if possible - I know I chain-vaped at first :) ), give your body a bit of time between vapes so that your throat can go back to "normal".
  2. Your coils are getting gunked up
    This depends on your liquid, coil and power, Some juices gunk up coils pretty quickly, and lower power settings sometimes don't fully vaporize the liquid on the coil, causing buildup. If that's happening, you can usually take things apart and use hot water or PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol - Don't use Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol) to clean the gunk from the coil and wick.

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
There are some flavors which I have found to have a stronger throat hit, which are tobaccos and menthols.

That is what I would suggest. Either find a minty or menthol vape you like, or add a few drops of menthol to a liquid you already like. I find menthol gives me that punch in the throat that I sometimes want.

Switching up the flavors and increasing the nic content are also going to help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread