• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tickly throat and cough when vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxyco

Nov 29, 2015
It sounds like it`s the juice you are using to me, do you know what ratio of VG/PG it is ? PG can and does irritate a lot of Vapers, I would suggest you try a different brand of liquid with higher VG at first :)
I actually don't know what VG/PG means :yawn: you're speaking a whole new language haha. I have my e-cig on a very low voltage - could it smoke more smooth if I increase the voltage? (Sorry to sound like such a newbie!) :blink:

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
It sounds like it`s the juice you are using to me, do you know what ratio of VG/PG it is ? PG can and does irritate a lot of Vapers, I would suggest you try a different brand of liquid with higher VG at first :)

Same for high VG with some (me for example), but yes, PG reactions are more common, also to note, some ingredients in some of the flavouring could be the culprit, even with out allergies.

I actually don't know what VG/PG means :yawn: you're speaking a whole new language haha. I have my e-cig on a very low voltage - could it smoke more smooth if I increase the voltage? (Sorry to sound like such a newbie!) :blink:

The two main ingredients are PG/VG + some flavouring + nicotine of course at your desired level...
Stick at it, you will find your way in no time! :)

Reactions: Roxyco

Roxyco

Nov 29, 2015
Same for high VG with some (me for example), but yes, PG reactions are more common, also to note, some ingredients in some of the flavouring could be the culprit, even with out allergies.

The two main ingredients are PG/VG + some flavouring + nicotine of course at your desired level...
Stick at it, you will find your way in no time! :)
Thanks QU1T! All very new to me - but hoping I can stick at it! :)

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
Thanks QU1T! All very new to me - but hoping I can stick at it! :)
No worries!, play around with your settings/power find your balance, and buy a few juice brands, find something that fits you, this forum helped me a lot, loads of good info here from good people.

PS. don't fret about posting on the main forums with any Q's you may have, you speak English after all ;)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

PG = Propylene Glycol & the higher PG content, the more throat hit (& it's most likely this that is giving you the tickly throat & couch.

VG = Vegetable Glycerine & the higher content of VG gives more vapour & less throat hit.

Reactions: terry w

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
UK
ecigfind.com
Hi Roxyco. I used to get the same thing - raspy, wispy, sharp vapour that is too harsh and which makes you cough - I got this most often with very low-resistence pre-built atomiser coils. Have you tried moving onto rebuildable coils? Being able to set up your own coils lets you control/increase the surface area of the coil and cotton, which means a softer, fuller, cooler vapour. If you're new, I'd recommend any of the Kanger Subtanks and especially the mini, as the kit comes with a free RBA coil, though have a look around the forum - there may be better models out there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread