The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Time for a funny!

Discussion in 'Cancer Survivors and Loved Ones' started by trukinlady, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    One of the side effects of the chemo I had was memory problems. I didn't realize how much it had affected me until I one day I was introducing my husband to one of the nurses in the chemo treatment center.

I looked him right in the eye, and COULD NOT remember his name!! :lol:

I opened my mouth and nothing came out! In a panic, I grabbed his shirt front in my hand, and begged him "What is your name??!!" The look on his face was utter shock! But he took it in stride, supplied his name, then the three of us had a good laugh over it! To this day, we still laugh about it. It's become a family joke.

I knew then I was starting to recover emotionally when I was able to laugh again!

Anyone else have a funny story they would like to share?

2. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    After Mike had his Heart by-pass his memory was like swiss cheese! He will remember being somewhere, but can't remember who with. Or he will mix his memories up. He can't remember which operations he has had.
    It's not just long term, it's short term too. Maybe not..that could be just plain "man".

3. Vocalek

Vocalek CASAA Activist ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    My husband is receiving radiation treatments for prostate cancer 5 days a week. He has completed one week and has seven more to go. This morning he said to me, "I don't feel like getting a treatment today. Do I have to go?"

"Only if you want to live..." I replied,

"...until tomorrow."

4. trukinlady

trukinlady Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2010
    Missouri, USA
    Lol Vocalek! Sorry I took so long to respond! My ADD is kicking in! lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.