time to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I was actually with it enough this afternoon to take a few hours and recoil and Wick my Griffin 25's
I decided to do a little experimentation on both of my Griffin's I am using 26/36 clapton wire.
coils I normally build are large about 7 to 8 wraps but today I decided to do something different and I made A 4 wrap spaced coil.
My resistance came in at .33
In my mind I figgured that the lower resistance I should achieve a faster ramp up and cool down time of the coil this would be good because I am experiencing some Vapor leakage out of the mouth hole and the air holes on the tank.
My e-juice is having a tendency to turn into Brown sludge.
In practice I had to turn up my wattage to 35 Watts to get a good Vape on this and it is a much better Vape in all respects.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I figgured that the lower resistance I should achieve a faster ramp up and cool down time of the coil
I think I just have too much metal in my coils
Almost there. Ramp up and cool down is not directly related to the resistance but to the mass of the coil. Higher mass = sleepy coil. Less wraps = less surface = less vapor.
So what you want is a lower mass higher surface coil, your 28g+36g clapton should be a good start (5-7 wraps).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread