The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

time to experiment.

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by Steve W Pedersen, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I was actually with it enough this afternoon to take a few hours and recoil and Wick my Griffin 25's
    I decided to do a little experimentation on both of my Griffin's I am using 26/36 clapton wire.
    Coils I normally build are large about 7 to 8 wraps but today I decided to do something different and I made A 4 wrap spaced coil.
    My resistance came in at .33
    In my mind I figgured that the lower resistance I should achieve a faster ramp up and cool down time of the coil this would be good because I am experiencing some Vapor leakage out of the mouth hole and the air holes on the tank.
    My e-juice is having a tendency to turn into Brown sludge.
    In practice I had to turn up my wattage to 35 Watts to get a good Vape on this and it is a much better Vape in all respects.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    Time to break out the Daedalus and make me some 28 gauge Clapton wire. I think I just have too much metal in my coils for how I Vape.
    Or maybe I should just try some plain 28 gauge 4 wrap micro coil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Almost there. Ramp up and cool down is not directly related to the resistance but to the mass of the coil. Higher mass = sleepy coil. Less wraps = less surface = less vapor.
    So what you want is a lower mass higher surface coil, your 28g+36g clapton should be a good start (5-7 wraps).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steve W Pedersen

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the great advice

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.