Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm looking for a good Carto punch and need to know if anyone has tried the Tiny Mite punch on Electronicstix's site. Looking at the picture of it, it appears to have a very small nub for the piercing part. does it make a decent hole without deforming the carto? I'm not looking for something that makes tiny holes like the ones on Smoktech's carto's. Please let me know how it works for you.
Thanks.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'm looking for a good Carto punch and need to know if anyone has tried the Tiny Mite punch on Electronicstix's site. Looking at the picture of it, it appears to have a very small nub for the piercing part. does it make a decent hole without deforming the carto? I'm not looking for something that makes tiny holes like the ones on Smoktech's carto's. Please let me know how it works for you.
Thanks.

I have one but I did not get it here. It does make very tiny holes. I find that I have to punch a hole on both sides of the carto to get enough juice into the carto from the tank using my 50/50 mixes. They also dent the carto a bit which was suprising to me. All in all, they do work.

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
Too many variables with pre-punched holes... wouldn't buy em, just buy a good punch and you'll be fine. The TinyMite looks good, but haven't used one so I can't comment. I'd suggest the one I have but rather not blatantly advertise another one from another vendor. Wait to hear back from Salemgold about it.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
There are two "other" units available elsewhere. One. which I already own, is NEVER in stock. After several months of use it's finally getting dull. The other, which looks identical, uses a Tungsten (not carbide tipped) screw. While Tungsten is adequate, it does get dull faster. You're probably correct about one size pre-punched holes not working for every juice but I'm pretty sure they could come up with a size that works for 90% of them.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Pete, I don't know anything about any of this really, but I had run across a thread the other day talking about saddle valves. This is not the thread I ran across, but this talks about several ways to punch holes, including saddle valves, deck screws, and another thing that a supplier supposedly came out with last Dec. No idea if you're interested in any of this, but thought I'd pass it along

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ve-do-i-buy-punch-holes-cartos-tank-mods.html

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete, I don't know anything about any of this really, but I had run across a thread the other day talking about saddle valves. This is not the thread I ran across, but this talks about several ways to punch holes, including saddle valves, deck screws, and another thing that a supplier supposedly came out with last Dec. No idea if you're interested in any of this, but thought I'd pass it along

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ve-do-i-buy-punch-holes-cartos-tank-mods.html
Thanks. I've used Saddle Valves but they are made to pierce copper so they get dull quickly and deform the carto. I've used screws and scratch awls as well. The Punch that uses a Carbide Tipped screw works great and lasts for months but those screws must be very hard to find because they've been out of stock forever. I guess I'll break down and try the copy of it that uses the carbide screw. Thanks for your help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread