Tip issue with Pro Tank II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameera

Aug 25, 2013
Lake Wobegon, MN
I just picked up a Kanger Pro tank II last night.. LOVED it until I was out working on some fences.. (I know.. I am a cowgirl) had it in my pocket, reached in to grab it and the tip popped off. I thought they screwed back in so I turned and turned and turned.. oops.. :blush: Now I don't know what the hell could be the problem. The tip pops on, but not securely.. it is wiggly, and if turned upside down I am sure it would leak. Any thoughts on this issue??!! I absolutely love this set up.. but it is messed up!

I can take it back to the store I bought it from tomorrow.. but would hate to go in there and look like a total dumbass by not knowing how to put it together correctly. :blink:

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The tips on PT2's, as with most removable drip-tip atty's, kind of 'snap in' via friction from one or multiple o-rings. You may want to check if your tip still has the clear silicone o-ring on its shaft (part you insert into tank).

If it seems like the top of the tank and/or the glass is loose you may have begun to unscrew the tank, grab the top (above glass) and bottom (below glass) of the tank and see if it will snug up.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
THANKS for the speedy reply!!

The top of the tank is secure.. I don't see an o-ring inside where I connect the tip, only the little white ring on the tip itself but it is flush with the rest. I am so confused..

Hmm, well you should be able to take the end with the silicone o-ring on it and press it back into the tank tills seats/clicks. As i sit here and mess with mine, there is a noticeable amount of "play" in the tip, nothing i really have ever noticed while using them.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
The o-ring on the pt2 drip tips need to be slightly larger, there is too much play for my liking. You can pick up spares to find the right fit or just pop off the stock o-ring, wrap a few turns of resistance wire, dental floss (pretty much whatever you have on hand) around the groove then pop the o-ring back on. May need a little trial and error to get the right fit, but it works.
And FYI: the tank should not leak just because you don't have a drip tip on there. If it does, your coil head has a bad seal. You can toke on the protank without any drip tip at all, it just looks and feels kinda strange, lol.

Ameera

Aug 25, 2013
Lake Wobegon, MN
Okay.. here is what I think is going on.. I am used to the itaste V3 little square 1ml clears..
Innokin iTaste V3.0 VV/VW iClear 10(S) Kit
and the tips are very secure and absolutely NO play in them once on.

Now with the PTII.. there IS play like both xtwo and TastyKakes stated, and the oring on the tip SHOULD be larger for a more secure snap on effect. And to clarify, my tank isn't leaking out of the top like I half expected it to, I am obviously new to this RBA world, LOL!!! Oh well, I think I will mess with taking the o-ring off the tip and adding something thicker, maybe a tiny little hair band doubled or whatever I can find. The amount of play that my tip has is way too much for my comfort, I could literally lose that tip by just moving it around.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Okay.. here is what I think is going on.. I am used to the itaste V3 little square 1ml clears..
Innokin iTaste V3.0 VV/VW iClear 10(S) Kit
and the tips are very secure and absolutely NO play in them once on.

Now with the PTII.. there IS play like both xtwo and TastyKakes stated, and the oring on the tip SHOULD be larger for a more secure snap on effect. And to clarify, my tank isn't leaking out of the top like I half expected it to, I am obviously new to this RBA world, LOL!!! Oh well, I think I will mess with taking the o-ring off the tip and adding something thicker, maybe a tiny little hair band doubled or whatever I can find. The amount of play that my tip has is way too much for my comfort, I could literally lose that tip by just moving it around.

You may want to get a Protank 1, its technically a step backward in the sense its not able to be disassembled, but it has a fixed tip and will have comparable performance with the PT2, although the draw MAY be slightly more airy on a PT1.

kanger_protank_14.jpg

Should be a bit cheaper than the PT 2 also, if youre willing to wait several weeks Fasttech has them for $12 w/free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread