Tip - Vaping with hand injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3902

Nov 21, 2009
I have some hand injuries that prevent me from using a lot of fire buttons. I just figured out a very simple and cheap fix for it. I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this but I figured it may help someone else too, anyone with carpel tunnel or arthritis can understand why you'd need something like this.

All I did was take an aluminum can and cut it into the shape of a tab (or lever). Next, I sandwiched the tab between some heat sinks. Now, I can push the tab against the body of the mod as a fire button. Aluminum is very easy to work, so you can play with a few designs until you find the shape and position that works best for you.

I'm gonna call it “The super hyper fun original flavored diet tab soda can lever” just because I like ridiculous slang names ;)

modtab.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have some hand injuries that prevent me from using a lot of fire buttons. I just figured out a very simple and cheap fix for it. I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this but I figured it may help someone else too, anyone with carpel tunnel or arthritis can understand why you'd need something like this.

All I did was take an aluminum can and cut it into the shape of a tab (or lever). Next, I sandwiched the tab between some heat sinks. Now, I can push the tab against the body of the mod as a fire button. Aluminum is very easy to work, so you can play with a few designs until you find the shape and position that works best for you.

I'm gonna call it “The super hyper fun original flavored diet tab soda can lever” just because I like ridiculous slang names ;)

View attachment 541352

If you find some Mod's Uncomfortable to fire, you would probably Really like the Presa line from Wismec.

07b2f0e487a4ba5fd67525ace92e6100.jpg

Wismec Ecig Products | Jaybo

The Entire side that has the Screen is the Fire Button. It is By Far the Easiest and Most Versatile Fire Button I have ever Seen/Used.

c3902

Nov 21, 2009
If you find some Mod's Uncomfortable to fire, you would probably Really like the Presa line from Wismec.

The Entire side that has the Screen is the Fire Button. It is By Far the Easiest and Most Versatile Fire Button I have ever Seen/Used.

For me the problem isn't just comfort. I can't fully close my hands with out a lot of pain, I can't even use flush mounted buttons at all. I also don't like electronic mods. However the Presa may be a good option for when I'm out or moving around. Thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For me the problem isn't just comfort. I can't fully close my hands with out a lot of pain, I can't even use flush mounted buttons at all. I also don't like electronic mods. However the Presa may be a good option for when I'm out or moving around. Thanks for pointing it out!

Maybe what you could do if you have some Vape Shops in your area is call and see if any of them carry the Presa. Then you could check it out in Person. And see if the way it Fires is something you like.

I have one. And you can Fire it from a Multitude of Angles. Or from just putting it in you hand and Gently Squeezing your Fingers. Or by Pushing the Mod against you Palm.

It Really is a Nice Firing Mechanism. And a Nicely Built Mod also.

c3902

Nov 21, 2009
Sorry if I wasn't clear - The device is a cherry bomber with the button removed and the logo sanded off. I only cut the thin piece of aluminum sticking from between the heat sinks. You should be able to do this with most mechs that use the body for conductivity. This was meant as a realistic work around that an average person could do easily.

I used sheers (aviation snips) and some heavy prescriptions to suppress the hand pain, but I think most people can cut aluminum this thing with just generic scissors. You may even be able to punch a hole with a loose leaf paper hole punch if you don't have a drill for the hole (check the size first).

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry if I wasn't clear - The device is a cherry bomber with the button removed and the logo sanded off. I only cut the thin piece of aluminum sticking from between the heat sinks. You should be able to do this with most mechs that use the body for conductivity. This was meant as a realistic work around that an average person could do easily.

I used sheers (aviation snips) and some heavy prescriptions to suppress the hand pain, but I think most people can cut aluminum this thing with just generic scissors. You may even be able to punch a hole with a loose leaf paper hole punch if you don't have a drill for the hole (check the size first).

Yeah... I see what you are Doing. I just Question how Safe it is to use a Mech Mod like you are using it?

You have to do what you Have to Do. I understand that. Just be Safe.

c3902

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah... I see what you are Doing. I just Question how Safe it is to use a Mech Mod like you are using it?

I haven't any found a problems while using it.

However, it's completely unsafe to put it down when it's setup this way. It never leaves my hand while it's connected. It's definitely *not* something anyone should do for fun.

Reactions: zoiDman

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

You have to do what you Have to Do. I understand that. Just be Safe.

Extremely safe if one understands how the mod works.
Otherwise one shouldn't own the mod

Its a fantastic workaround.
Nice job OP

lemans81

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2015
Independence, Mo
Nice solution, I think some of them hit it with a few of the boxes out there have different switches. I have been diagnoses with Rheumatoid arthritis and meds haven't helped especially my right hand(domininate one) I have lost about 35% they said of its strength this year alone...sucks when your 34. So someday I will be either a left hand vaper(until that gives up) or have to find creative solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread