Vaporesso Swag can't fire below 30W in TC mode? That must be a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Well, I've written to vaporesso about this, suggesting a firmware upgrade to eliminate the 30W minimum setting limitation in TC mode, and why it would be beneficial to do so. I've yet to hear anything back from them, and I'm not very hopeful that I will, but I will report back if they do.

I attempted setting the custom power line in the Swag's PC software ("E-Ciga") to 18W from 0.5s straight out to 5.0s, then saved that and wrote it to my Swag while it was plugged into the PC. I'm not sure why the power line starts at 0.5s instead of 0.0s, but I presume by 0.5s they essentially mean starting at 0.0s? That change appears to have accomplished no change at all in SS TC mode on my Swag, or any other mode for that matter, despite the update to my Swag supposedly being "very successful".

Oh well, I had to try that anyway, even though I suspected it would not work the way I wanted it to.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Well, I did get a response back from vaporesso, saying they would forward my request and check into what I was reporting. That has been a few weeks ago now though, and I've not seen any indication that they are likely to do anything about this. Oh well. I check on the Swag's latest available firmware version once and awhile, just to see if there is a new one to try. Eventually there will be, of course, but I doubt it will correct this lame issue.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Still no firmware update from Vaporesso correcting this.

I honestly just don't think they give a damn. Oh well.

I haven't bothered to use my Swag mods in quite awhile now. Instead, I've just ended up getting an iStick Pico 25. The Pico 25 is rather interesting in that it is actually a little lighter than the original Pico, despite being a bit fatter. I've started using a few 24-25mm sized MTL tanks now (in particular the Innokin Zenith and the Siren v2), none of which would fit on the Swag anyway.

The Zenith is turning out to be quite a good MTL tank, for a tank that exclusively uses factory coil heads (which is always nice to have). Supposedly SS TC coil heads are coming out soon for the Zenith, but its standard Kanthal coil heads (especially the 0.8 ohm ones) run surprisingly well in just straight wattage mode.

My original Siren MTL RTA was a great vape, but leaked way too much to use out and about anywhere. The Siren v2 MTL RTA seems to have resolved that issue, and is just an all around great MTL RTA. The very similar Innokin Ares MTL RTA is also supposedly pretty good as well, but not quite as highly rated as the Siren v2. I haven't tried it yet, and likely never will, as the Siren v2 is just that good.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I only intend to use this Swag for emergency mod in my bag when my main mod has problem. But I should have searched this 30W minimum thing before I placed my order. I only use 316L wire so it could be better with TC on some atomizers. Oh well, I will use this as a wattage mod then.

Reactions: stols001

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Hello all,

I got my Vaporesso SWAG mod just 5 days ago, and I like it. However, I did not buy the kit with a newfangled NRG tank, but instead screwed on an Estoc Mega 4ml which I still had in stock.

Data summary:
- Vaporesso SWAG, Firmware 1.02 of 2017-09-26
- Vaporesso Estoc Mega, 0.5Ω ceramic EUC cell

I am using the cell in SS mode as it has a SS316L coil.

First, I checked the default settings of the mod for SS.
I first modified the maximum power in TC mode to 50W via the settings menu. But, after reading this thread, I just changed it down to 30W.
The TCR for SS mode is set to 0100.

Next step was to lock the coil resistance at room temperature by pressing "mode" and "-" buttons simultaneously.
The "Ω" symbol in the display will then be replaced by a padlock symbol.
If you don't do this, you may get bad results in TC mode.
It's a must!

After all this, I tried to use the SWAG with a SS setting to 200°C/390°F.
For me, this worked nicely in both MTL and DTL.
With that setting, it did never produce huge clouds. I'm not a cloud chaser anyway.

As to the 30W limit in TC mode, this is just the maximum power applied in this mode.
When firing, this limit is reached at 0.5s only, with the power thereafter becoming lower over time down to less than 10W.
That is the way it should be.

I am asking you to try this out with your SWAG:

As you may know, in TC mode, the coil will not be burnt (if the setup is right).

Thus you can make yourselves this test:

On the SWAG, while drawing, you cannot notice that the puff counter in the display changes to Watt.
In TC mode, however, it is safe to push the fire button without drawing, up to the 10s time limit. During that, look at the Watts in the display.
Please never try this in VW mode!

I found that my set value of 30W max is reached at 0.5s, and declining thereafter down to 10W and lower.
That was what I expected in TC mode, as I saw this with several other mods also.
Works well for me.

I do not find that the lower limit of peak 30W in TC mode is a nuisance, not in the least.
But yes, it is oh so easy to complain about this, although there is no reason for it.

Everybody is able to find his/her best setup, as there are many possibilities to change modes and their parameters.
And why not choose CCW, CCT, M1, or M2?

The SWAG is far from being bad, and I am positive that you are able to make it work for you.

To me, the SWAG is one of best, along with my Revenger, and both my Tarot Nanos after their latest firmware update.
All their user interfaces are now quite the same.

Regards
aLyr

Last edited:

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
It may work well for you, but it most certainly will not for all. As a MTL vaper who normally vapes in the 8-10w range with a tight draw, the 30w preheat limit is far, far, too high and unvapeable. TC is simply unusable for me with this mod.

No big deal, however, after trying TC on other mods, I decided it's not for me. I'm back to good ol' wattage mode. ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am (and several others are) with ya, Shane!

Dare I say........

power power.jpg

:D

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I bought one of the swags and I have basically shelved it. The size and weight is great but the button control sequences are just too complicated to be bothered with. They didn't really put much thought into the design of the interface on this. Just basically a paper weight as far as I am concerned. Not liking it at all.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Agreed that the size and weight are pretty dayum great, and ergo, it's been and O&A device for me for kwite some time now. It's a purse tosser for me, and after so long now, not a scratch or mar in site.

I set the mod to my preferred wattage, locked it in, and I'm off and running with it. I actually prefer it to the Pico.

And, I've topped mine consistently with an Earl, or a Doggy, so no leaks! (yaay)

What'd we got?

20171229_220746.jpg

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I have the same orange colour and it always has a Doggy sitting on top. That's my all-day, every day, set up and has been for a while now. No complaints! Thinking about getting a black/silver one as well.

This and the Pico are tied, I think, as my favourites. Only reason I don't use the Pico much is damage: A few too many drops and I haven't got around to ordering a replacement (still works, but the screen is failing and difficult to read).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Like all things vape, appreciation & enjoyment of the SWAG will vary greatly depending on user & expectation.

Similar to some others here, it's a workhorse for me. Price, size, weight, & material (scratch-free!) make it a mobile favorite of mine. I usually run two at a time, most commonly topped with one Doggy and one Erl.

In power mode at 11 watts, quite enjoyable and always reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread