The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaporesso Swag can't fire below 30W in TC mode? That must be a joke!

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by billybc96, Dec 24, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. billybc96

billybc96 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Well, I've written to Vaporesso about this, suggesting a firmware upgrade to eliminate the 30W minimum setting limitation in TC mode, and why it would be beneficial to do so. I've yet to hear anything back from them, and I'm not very hopeful that I will, but I will report back if they do.

I attempted setting the custom power line in the Swag's PC software ("E-Ciga") to 18W from 0.5s straight out to 5.0s, then saved that and wrote it to my Swag while it was plugged into the PC. I'm not sure why the power line starts at 0.5s instead of 0.0s, but I presume by 0.5s they essentially mean starting at 0.0s? That change appears to have accomplished no change at all in SS TC mode on my Swag, or any other mode for that matter, despite the update to my Swag supposedly being "very successful".

Oh well, I had to try that anyway, even though I suspected it would not work the way I wanted it to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. billybc96

billybc96 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Well, I did get a response back from Vaporesso, saying they would forward my request and check into what I was reporting. That has been a few weeks ago now though, and I've not seen any indication that they are likely to do anything about this. Oh well. I check on the Swag's latest available firmware version once and awhile, just to see if there is a new one to try. Eventually there will be, of course, but I doubt it will correct this lame issue.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    The Smoant Cylon allows me to set any wattage in TC. I set 15W (normally 75) and it does fire.
    Heavier, not same brand, centered 510, ok nothing that addressed your issue, but it does work and is an excellent mod.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Wednesday
    Earth (most days)
    I just got one of these today, and had no clue about this. It doesn't really affect me at this point, but good to know since I do have a couple of MTL attys. ...

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    Yeah. I just discovered this as well. I bought the mod for wattage mode a while back, but decided this week to try TC. Figured the Swag would be good as it has their "Omni" chip. But, nope. Anyway, I emailed them as well requesting an update. Thankfully, I have some Picos kicking around to test TC on...

• Like Like x 1