The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

tips for extracting oil from cartridge?

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by casuald00d, Oct 29, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. casuald00d

casuald00d Senior Member ECF Veteran

so i have a broken cartridge that's full of oil. the cartridge was clearly defective and does nothing (tested with multiple vape pens). is there any practical way to extract the oil from the cartridge? i've tried this before and it was a complete mess and basically a waste of time lol. does anyone have any tips?

it's a single-use cart not designed to be refilled so i'm not seeing any obvious way to open it without breaking it.

haaaaalp!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    No tips personally, but hopefully someone can help! :eek: :nun:

Are you able to unscrew it at the mouthpiece? If so you could use a syringe to pull it up maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    if you purchased this thru a medical despensary you should be able to return for an exchange

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Please post a photo.
    You may need to inject some ethanol to thin your product, draw the contents out and evaporate the ethanol.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. icepickmaker84

icepickmaker84 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    I used a dosing syringe with a metal tip that came with a terpene kit. I put warm water in a small dish to get the distillate moving and sucked it up with the syringe...not the easiest but it worked.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. ChainVapeS

ChainVapeS Senior Member

Nov 11, 2019
    I use a hair dryer, on lowest setting. Warm the cartridge, and the contents. Don't over heat it. It will pour out, or you can use a large bore syringe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2010
    Sydney, Oz
    You could also put the cart in very high % alcohol (95% at least) if you can get an opening in the cart and the concentrate should dissolve out with a bit of patience and swirling.
    Then evaporate the alcohol and the oil should then be reclaimable.

• Useful Useful x 1