Tips for using Kretek in an Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

antlion

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Huntington, West Virginia
Okay so some time back now I mentioned that cartomizers seemed like the only route to go for vaping Kretek (since it gunks up coils fast). Well, I always wondered why when I first got Kretek and I threw it in my atomizer that very first time it worked good for
several weeks. Then, every time I bought a new fresh atomizer and loaded it up with Kretek it would just... change.. Really quick.
And by change I mean the flavor would kinda get odd for me, if you're experiencing this problem. So myself and others have come
up with a few steps..

A) Try using a previously light flavor for a while in the atomizer over X amount of time

B) Once you finish about 15 mils or so of that light flavor, blow the atomizer out into a paper towel (threads to mouth, mesh to towel)

C) Use Vodka to clean (optional)

D) Then reload atomizer with 6 to 7 drops of Kretek take a easy drag reload with 2 to 3 more drops of Kretek

As you may have surmised, or perhaps you already switch multiple flavors in one atomizer already, you will have much more luck
and the flavor won't change as much because the coil has been 'broken' in so to speak.. There's something about trying to break
a fresh atomizer in with Kretek that usually alters the flavor in an odd way BUT if you use a previously broken in atomizer it's much
easier for the coil to vaporize Kretek. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread