• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tips on stardusts/vision ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Been using the ego Vision clero's (stardusts) for a while now, and I have a 510 atty for dripping with a vase stye drip tip. I find the vase drip tip more .... whats the right word.... comfortable? Is there any where i can get different style tips that will go in the vision stardust and screw in properly? Also been thinking about trying a VIVI NOVA V2 but the pictures look as if it has a "made for" tip as well, same question are there other compatible tips avail for these?

bidslayer

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I strongly recommend the vivi nova v2 or v2.5 (not sure what the diff is). I was okay with the SD, but find the vivi easier to clean, no break in period (just let the juice soak the wicks for a bit) and doesn't leak. The vivi comes with a drip tip, but you can replace with any standard drip tip so you can pimp your vivi :). I agree about the vase style being preferable for "comfort".

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
I strongly recommend the vivi nova v2 or v2.5 (not sure what the diff is). I was okay with the SD, but find the vivi easier to clean, no break in period (just let the juice soak the wicks for a bit) and doesn't leak. The vivi comes with a drip tip, but you can replace with any standard drip tip so you can pimp your vivi :). I agree about the vase style being preferable for "comfort".

Thanks Ill have to order one, I thought it might have a screw in tip as well, so far out of all of the cartos cleros ect ive tried only the attyand boge carto had interchangable tips. Every other one had tips made for them. ECHO carto - rubber whistle tip, vision ego - plastic screw in tip, ego mega dual coil carto - giant rubber whistle tip.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I've never heard or seen any other tips that will fit on the stardust. As bidslayer said though the vivi nova takes a standard driptip. If you order the 2.0 ml vivi it's also very comparable in size to the stardust, just a tad wider and not not as streamlined .. I'd imagine the 3.5 ml would be a bit top heavy on an ego. I think I'm starting to prefer the vivi, though the short wick version is pretty annoying - tipping wise.

The drip tip on the vivi is a bit weird though, vaporchase talks about in his review at about the 1:40 mark; VaporChase Review - Vivi Nova 2 from CapitalNicFit - YouTube I'm sort of guessing that the ring is perhaps meant to stop the odd drop of liquid get that gets past the coil or simply to re-direct the airflow into a smaller area. :blink:

The coil heads "may" be interchangeable with the vivi and stardust too. Vaporchase said they were in one video, but I've heard they aren't .. so I'm curious and confused about that one.

I'm dying to try the Kanger T2 ( t2 T2 Kanger Changeable Coil coil 5 ) as well, but it also has a custom threaded tip like the stardust.

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
:) ...........................
IMG_3895.jpg

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada

Got the Vivi V2... amazing... could have longer wicks though. Picked up a stardust V3 to see if i can swap the wicks.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I have 5 Stardusts going right now.
In the three and a half months I have been vaping, I have have used 7 Stardusts (including the 5 mentioned above). One of the ones I am using right now is over three months old and still going strong. I have only rinsed it out every couple of weeks. I have had one that cracked due to the juice and one that crapped out after a week.
My favourite are the long wick non-rebuildable one.

Hey fourtytwo - I loved the vapour production but both died really quickly on me (one last week and one last night). I too got the long wicks. I looked for cracks immediately and couldn't see any - I even used a magnifying glass! I also looked up how to repair them, including slightly pulling out the bottom piece, and tried it but it didn't work. :(

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I can understand your frustration. It may just be very bad luck that you have had two go bad in such a short time. .
When I got into vaping, I looked at the equipment and separated the items into two categories. Long term usage and consumables.
I think of cartos and Stardusts as consumables and feel that if a carto lasts a couple of weeks, it is a fantastic deal.
With Stardusts, I would be happy, cost wise, if one lasted a month. The fact that I have one that has lasted about 3.5 months and is still going strong is an unbelievable deal.
After all, Stardusts cost about half of what a pack of cigs do and I used to smoke a pack a day.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
FWIW..... I use the StarDust replacement heads in my mini nova... The spike stick's up in the hole, and the drip tip still fits. I haven't bought a vivi head for months. The better half uses stardusts most ( although she snuck my spare mini away from me ) so for me its easier to just buy the SD heads and use it with both of them.

Also if you haven't noticed canvape has the skull and snake and lotus ( if you are in touch with your feminine side )

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
FWIW..... I use the StarDust replacement heads in my mini nova... The spike stick's up in the hole, and the drip tip still fits. I haven't bought a vivi head for months. The better half uses stardusts most ( although she snuck my spare mini away from me ) so for me its easier to just buy the SD heads and use it with both of them.

Also if you haven't noticed canvape has the skull and snake and lotus ( if you are in touch with your feminine side )

Good to know, I suspected they might work but was concerned about the size difference (they are "taller" than the vivi heads)... will have to take the head out of my leaky rebuildable stardust for the vivi that just blew its head (sounds so wrong). I just dont like the 1.8 or 2.8 replacements that came with the vivi and If I remember right the leaky stardust has the 2.4 that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread