Titanium Coil Buil

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevrage

Jan 18, 2015
Merdien, Ct
So i wanted to try out building titanium coils for the first time. I just got my wire and i realized i should've asked this before i bought it but is there anything i need to know before building a TC coil? I usually build kanthal micro coils and i've read that the titanium wire wraps need to be spaced. Is there anything else i should know?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, the main thing to know about Titanium is it MUST be used in TC mode, and you really cannot dry burn it, clean it and then pulse it gently so as to not get it so hot it gives off undesirable byproducts. But you can use it fine in TC mode. If you want something more flexible SS will work in wattage or temp mode, but some folks really like the vape from titanium so there is no reason not to try it if you wish to.

Good luck,

Anna

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Tried them all and build a majority of my coils with TI grade 1. For me I get the same consistent vape that lasts forever and spaced have no problem with hot legs and no intrusion on the flavor of the juice.
Creating Unkamen has really good clean wire for cheap and great customer service.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Tried it once.

I don't do regulated - OK, I don't do TC but have tried it.

My understanding is that titanium wire only becomes "dangerous" at temperatures well above 1000 deg Fahrenheit. Logically, that means that you are safe as long as you run it in temperature control only - most TC mods won't get near that temperature range.

Also, I will echo what's already been said - why bother with titanium when stainless steel is a usable alternative? Bonus - SS can be used in TC or wattage mode,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread