Titanium Vs. Nickel

Status
Not open for further replies.

renacer

Jan 27, 2015
Clearwater, FL
Hey guys! For the very first time today since using vape pens since last November, I have a box mod. I should have made this investment a long time ago but I digress.

It's an eVic VT and I'm currently tasting my favorite apple juice sweeter than I ever could have imagined and I'm getting great clouds. The guys at the shop gave me the run down but there was one thing they didn't have time for before tending to other customers. They put in the nickel for me first but I got an underwhelming puff, but rather than show me how to adjust it they're like "just start with the titanium." So I did and the titanium instantly vaped great. I took a test puff at 40 watts and have adjusted up to 55 and am pretty happy there.

They said I have to change the settings to get the same kind of clouds from the nickel but didn't actually specify how. Do I turn the wattage up? Down?

Also I mainly just want to know because I hate to let anything go to waste, I'm quite fine with buying titanium coils from now on but I want to get my full use out of the nickel, mainly. Is there any benefit to using the nickel over the titanium though?

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
They just showed me how to change the watts and volts. How do you change between nickle and titanium? Doesn't the box detect it?

No - you have to set it. You should have an instruction book?

If not, press the fire button three times to get to the menu. The top menu item is flashing - that's where you change between Ni, TI, and kanthal (just watts). Flick the top switchy thing to the right - each time you do that it will cycle to the next coil type. When you get to the right one just press the fire button again.

To go on down the menu, again press the fire button three times, then flick that switch to the left. Each flick to the left will take you down one level. To change watts you can only go up to 60 and then it goes back to 30 and goes up. To change watts flick the lever to the right.

But you must have a booklet in your box - do find it, it has a ton of useful info!

Reactions: jmercury1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread