Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
No, I hear it’s harder to work with, springy maybe, not sure. Also I think it’s got some restrictions with how much I can be fired due to it giving off bad vapors it over fired, again not sure. I probably shouldn’t have even replied because all my information could be completely wrong because I just think I might have heard those things and they can be completely wrong and could be easily researched to find out if they are true or not. I’m basically just wasting space at this point so I’ll leave it here.
At least you have one reply now though, just looking for a positive and that’s all I can come up with. Sorry :(

Reactions: Marper

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It is said Titanium Dioxide is hazardous if inhaled - but Ti Dioxide does not begin to forum until 1200°F (600°C), so well beyond safe vape temperatures. That said it should not be dry burned for that very reason. Good news is, Ti coils tend not to gunk up as quickly as other coils. The coils should be spaced to eliminate hot spots and to avoid the dry burn method for performing such action.

It is more springy than say Kanthal, but I did not find 24awg to be problematic, and was easily able to make a spaced coil using a 3mm jig.

It is lower in resistance than SS316L, but still higher than Ni200

Titanium has a higher Specific Heat Capacity than the usual wire we use, but a much lower mass. Its mass means less power is needed to mitigate rampup time.

Titanium has a relatively high Temperature Coefficiency of Resistance, 0.00366 as per Steam Engine, therefore it is best used in Temperature Control.

I did not notice anything special using Ti, 24awg 3mm, 6 to 7 wraps vs a similar build of another metal outside needing less wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread