To authentic nemesis #7558 owner - I have the clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
Nemesis #7558 owner,

I have the fast tech clone with the same serial. I will not be selling it, flipping it, trying to pass it off for your authentic.

I have no idea if FT and HC overlap serials, nor if they care at all to keep them in order. But, rest assured that I am no liar and will not try to pass this one off as authentic.

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
Ive got an idea!
I have one of these on the way. How could you not go for a high quality, cheap, beater mod? But I also think the exact replica thing, including serial numbers, is a blatant rip off. So, when I get mine, I'll be polishing off the engravings and I reccomend all other nemesis clone purchasers do the same. I'm only doing this because it's kind of imbarising to have a clone mod that has gone through so much trouble to look like the real thing.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
Ive got an idea!
I have one of these on the way. How could you not go for a high quality, cheap, beater mod? But I also think the exact replica thing, including serial numbers, is a blatant rip off. So, when I get mine, I'll be polishing off the engravings and I reccomend all other nemesis clone purchasers do the same. I'm only doing this because it's kind of imbarising to have a clone mod that has gone through so much trouble to look like the real thing.

I wish it came without the engravings. But, I don't trust myself removing what is there without messing it up.

I don't like it because of what is etched into it.

I like the size and design. I like the button. I like how you put it together and snug everything up. I like rebuilding my RBA and RDA to use with it.

It works for me and helps keep me from smoking.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Panic Post?
Honestly, you should not have made the purchase if it was going to bother you so much. If it continues to haunt you, it should be destroyed.
If your intent is personal use of a Quality built mod then you should just enjoy it and have no reason to think it is anyone else business.

Selling of a copy as an original is a crime
Buying a copy assuming it is original is a lack of knowledge
Owning a copy of an original and know it is a copy is in no way wrong. You can pick up a copy of the Constitution at the gift shop in DC.

Just saying - personal use is personal use.:facepalm:

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
I wish it came without the engravings. But, I don't trust myself removing what is there without messing it up.

I don't like it because of what is etched into it.

I like the size and design. I like the button. I like how you put it together and snug everything up. I like rebuilding my RBA and RDA to use with it.

It works for me and helps keep me from smoking.

I understand, I feel the same way, good product, good price. I can keep my expensive mods at home and not worry about dropping the clone.

I plan on hitting it with a buffing wheel, it may be aggressive enough to get the engraving out, then I can use some steel wool for a brushed look.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Panic Post?
If it continues to haunt you, it should be destroyed. :facepalm:
Guilt... ain't sentience grand.
yes.gif

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I can hear it eating at you from here.
I had the astro clone, thought it wouldn't bother me, removed the markings from the tube and button with a brushed finish, used it for a week, threw it in the garbage. The fraudulence was too much for me to handle.
I took a totally different stance on clones before owning one, and now that I have- I could never own another one.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
I don't know but I doubt it.

If they are running consecutive serial numbers on the clones, I got mine at the beginning of October (give or take) and mine is numbered 4376. Think about that, OP's is 7558 and we got them less than a month apart.

Mine is 4325 and I have had it since Oct 1st maybe?

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Nemesis #7558 owner,

I have the Fast Tech clone with the same serial. I will not be selling it, flipping it, trying to pass it off for your authentic.

I have no idea if FT and HC overlap serials, nor if they care at all to keep them in order. But, rest assured that I am no liar and will not try to pass this one off as authentic.

I know Nem's are over 5000 but not sure about #7558

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I just received Nemesis 2 tone clone #9714, and it is sweet!! Personally don't have a problem with clones, we all own a clone somewhere in our house. It's just a way of things. I'm so proud of my 2 tone clone that I'm going to top it with my Kayfun clone, soon as I wrap me a 1 ohm build. Seriously, this Mech mod saved enough so that I can buy a Taifun clone, and still have some money left. Hmm maybe call it 14 of 9700 or 14 of nine, it's like 7 of nine's cousin, the borque invasion. lmao. KNK lol, where do I sign up.?

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I find it humorous that Vapor Joe calls them "Collectible Replicas."

I know right! He says it was because of the negative connotation that the term clone has. Maybe its just me but when I hear someone call them collectible replicas I get way more of a negative vibe than I did hearing clone.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I know right! He says it was because of the negative connotation that the term clone has. Maybe its just me but when I hear someone call them collectible replicas I get way more of a negative vibe than I did hearing clone.

I can't get the image of someone vaping a little statue of liberty replica... Don't ask me why, that's what how mind decided "collectible replica" should look. :laugh:

Dark passenger

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Alexandria, IN, USA
i have the 0937 clone and i also had the 5588 clone both from different makers...i sold the 5588 to a buddy...i have the 202 brass king clone and the 8888 ss chi clone haha lots of clones...i just ordered my first non clone mod from j vapes, the BEAST mod..cant wait to have a super nice non clone mech mod!

^^hey scarey, a fellow hoosier, nice...i barely know any vapers and am tryin to get as many friends into it as possible!

and i think the term collectible replica is terrible haha....i am fine with clones and the term clone idgaf if china rips off a design they have been doing it forever with everything else...there is a huge demand for a limited supply so the gap in the market is filled..pretty basic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread