to flavour chasers: Box mod to pod mod, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylexia

Apr 11, 2019
Hello vapers, I'm new here in ECF. I have some questions anyway. I've been using digital mod with single rda along with 6mg e liquid since 2015. I'm a flavour chaser anyway and sometimes the flavour result from my setup disappoints me. Its like the throat hit is there but I didnt notice certain flavour. Lately I've been thinking about ditching my traditional mod and pick up a pod mod instead. Does pod mod satisfy your flavour chasing buds? Thanks for you response.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi.
No (imo)... a pod will never beat your existing set up. Most can't beat a standard tank and factory coil either.
They are limited by tiny coils and airflow issues not to mention other unattractive things like running costs etc.
I have 4 pod systems now. They are for convenience or ease. I only use ones that are designed to be refillable.
You can try one but even my best won't beat a basic standard tank. They are not going into battle with an rda any time soon.
Good luck.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll agree with @djsvapour . I would rate most pod mod setups about the same as an eGo battery setup with the first generation of clearomizers. If you consider yourself a flavor chaser, the pod mod niche is probably not the answer you're seeking.

RDA's (rebuildable drip atomizers) continue to be thought of as the elite atomizers in terms of both vapor production and flavor production. You might be interested in researching "squonkers" or bottom feeding atomizers, too.

RTA's (rebuildable tank atomizers) probably come in as a close second to RDA's, but they are notoriously known for their learning curve as to wicking correctly. Something like a Kayfun-style RTA.

Some tank atomizers that use factory-made, drop-in replacement coils are pretty good at making decent flavor, too. I used to recommend the Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank, but because this tank is a few years old and the availability of its replacement coil heads are becoming somewhat difficult to find I've stopped. There are later versions of the Crown currently available; I've not had the opportunity to use them but from reading reviews they have been rather hit or miss when compared to the original.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NealBJr

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello vapers, I'm new here in ECF. I have some questions anyway. I've been using digital mod with single RDA along with 6mg e liquid since 2015. I'm a flavour chaser anyway and sometimes the flavour result from my setup disappoints me. Its like the throat hit is there but I didnt notice certain flavour. Lately I've been thinking about ditching my traditional mod and pick up a pod mod instead. Does pod mod satisfy your flavour chasing buds? Thanks for you response.
Welcome and glad you joined.
For one of the best flavor atomizers, you might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/electronic-cigarettes/what-is-an-atomizer-definition/
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
RBA Vape Guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More
Squonking 101 - Why Is Squonking Better Than Drippers & RDTAs?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I agree with what Baditude said. I have found there's a current rise in flavor chasing RTA's. The restrictive lung hit atomizers are geared more towards flavor than vapor. Currently, I am using a Fresia and just got a Siren 2, and both seem to taste fine. But like Baditude said, if you like the RDAs, you might find a good squonker more to your liking.

It could also be you're experiencing what's known as vapor tongue... try switching to a radically different flavor for a while to see if maybe you're just becoming too accustomed to your normal ones.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread