To help the cleansing process along...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
As some of you are switching from analog to digital cigarettes you might want to consider doing this to aid your body cleansing...

A Neti Pot or a Sinus rince kit from NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Makers of Sinus Rinse, NasaFlo Netipot, Nasal Irrigation

Basically you shoot buffered water up your nose and through your sinuses which helps to clear them out. I have been using one for a long time and find it really helps a lot. I was able to find mine at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. If you search Neti Pot on YouTube you'll find some interesting video.

Report back if this is something you do or something you are going to do... or something you have done that has helped!

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
Look for recipes for sinus wash on the internet. It is basically a saline solution used to flush gunk out of your sinuses. Mine consists of kosher salt and a pinch of baking soda dissolved in filtered water. I can't remember the exact proportions. If you get too much salt, add a bit more water.

I just use a squeeze bottle filled with the wash solution over the sink. With my head down over the sink, squeeze the solution into my sinuses. I then tilt my head upright and tilt my head side to side to slosh the liquid around in the sinus cavity. I do this for a minute and then drain. Have paper towels handy. If you feel the need, do it again.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
As some of you are switching from analog to digital cigarettes you might want to consider doing this to aid your body cleansing...

A Neti Pot or a Sinus rince kit from NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Makers of Sinus Rinse, NasaFlo Netipot, Nasal Irrigation

Basically you shoot buffered water up your nose and through your sinuses which helps to clear them out. I have been using one for a long time and find it really helps a lot. I was able to find mine at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. If you search Neti Pot on YouTube you'll find some interesting video.

Report back if this is something you do or something you are going to do... or something you have done that has helped!

Morning, what a great tpoic for early morning chats

I have had 5 sinus surgeries, over a 3 yr period, back in the early 90's
As a heavy smoker, I was always told that smoking analogs, are not very good for the sinus lining. Not that I cared, especially not good to smoke after surgery, which I did ofcourse

However and bottom line, since I stopped 6 months ago, my sinus's have never been better and I use a potti, in the shower everyday and it is WONDERFUL AND IT IS NO LONGER GROSS

These are great! My sister recommended I use one when I had a cold. (talk about gross). However, it helped alot. It cleared my nose and sinuses and I could use it as often as I needed to. I also think it help me get over the cold faster.

However, I prefer the pot and to let gravity do the work. I tried the bottle and it's just too easy to accidently squeeze it too hard and doing that can really irritates the sinuses. (Just my opinion. )

:)

jburns

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
North Carolina
If you think the water works well try Jack Daniels!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
oh my gosh

I had to go look what y'all were talking about...:confused:

nf-step-3.gif

I never would have guessed :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread