To mod or not to mod? Questions of a noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
Wait, wait..............you can do anything at all with the Reo. If you want an all day flavor vamp with no fuss, put a carto on the Reo and then just squeeze the bottle to keep the carto wet......this is the lazy man's way.......making it a tank carto with the juice supply coming from the bottom instead of being in a tank on top.

Or, if you don't like cartos, you put an atty on the Reo, and just squeeze the bottle every few hits to get a few drops of juice in the atty. You are just feeding it from the bottom instead of dripping from the top....

If you want to test flavors, just manually drip a few drops on an atty and don't squeeze the bottle. You will only taste what you dripped on the atty.

If you want to switch between flavors all day, just put on a new carto filled with whatever flavor you want, and just keep refilling the carto or exchanging the carto with new flavors and just don't squeeze the bottle.

Think of a Reo as a big battery regular mod that you can use anything with. It turns into a bottom feeding all day juice mod only when you want it to, and you can always easily change the bottle for a different all day vamp.

Reos are very versatile and will do anything any other big battery mod will do, in addition to being a bottom feeder.

Reos are the most versatile mod out there for 3.7 vaping.

I own two Reo Woodvils and a Provari and would not give any of them up. I use all 3 every day. I use the Provari with a tank or a carto for juices I want to vamp at a higher voltage.......

All 3 PVs are almost bullet proof. You would have to work long and hard to hurt one of them. You can believe me on this as I'm a careless and clumsy vaper...........the same kind of person I've been all my life.........LOL

One of my Woodvils is an Ebony one and the other one is Bloodwood with the doors made out of the same wood as the mod itself. Both are made with some of the hardest woods out there. I planned ahead knowing I'm totally graceless..........LOL
Nancy

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Wait, wait..............you can do anything at all with the Reo. If you want an all day flavor vamp with no fuss, put a carto on the Reo and then just squeeze the bottle to keep the carto wet......this is the lazy man's way.......making it a tank carto with the juice supply coming from the bottom instead of being in a tank on top.

Or, if you don't like cartos, you put an atty on the Reo, and just squeeze the bottle every few hits to get a few drops of juice in the atty. You are just feeding it from the bottom instead of dripping from the top....

If you want to test flavors, just manually drip a few drops on an atty and don't squeeze the bottle. You will only taste what you dripped on the atty.

If you want to switch between flavors all day, just put on a new carto filled with whatever flavor you want, and just keep refilling the carto or exchanging the carto with new flavors and just don't squeeze the bottle.

Think of a Reo as a big battery regular mod that you can use anything with. It turns into a bottom feeding all day juice mod only when you want it to, and you can always easily change the bottle for a different all day vamp.

Reos are very versatile and will do anything any other big battery mod will do, in addition to being a bottom feeder.

Reos are the most versatile mod out there for 3.7 vaping.

I own two Reo Woodvils and a Provari and would not give any of them up. I use all 3 every day. I use the Provari with a tank or a carto for juices I want to vamp at a higher voltage.......

All 3 PVs are almost bullet proof. You would have to work long and hard to hurt one of them. You can believe me on this as I'm a careless and clumsy vaper...........the same kind of person I've been all my life.........LOL

One of my Woodvils is an Ebony one and the other one is Bloodwood with the doors made out of the same wood as the mod itself. Both are made with some of the hardest woods out there. I planned ahead knowing I'm totally graceless..........LOL
Nancy

Yes, you can use atties or cartos on a reo, but you still have to use it like a bottom feeder. Which is fine, and if you want that, the reo is about the best out there. For me though, it wouldn't really be worth it, because I change juices so frequently. That's the beauty of cartos, if I want to change flavors, all I have to do is unscrew the carto I have on my mod and screw in a new one. To do that on a reo I would have to carry a new carto and a new bottle of juice and fiddle around with it to change everything out. And honestly, why buy a bottom feeder when I don't need the bottle of juice in reserve? That's all I'm saying.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
newplague - Thank you so much for sharing your and your wife's positive experience with the Reo! I also really appreciate your telling me where i can get bottles for cheap! :) You say that your wife carries an additional door with her? What is that?

karmakatie - I agree with you about not wanting to mess with batts and cartos and I'm leaning heavily towards the Reo. That is so funny that you are stalking the mail lady! :) i hope you get your Vapage Vmod XL soon and enjoy it! I've heard good things about Vapage mods! *Very cute avatar!!! :)

dearme - I am very grateful for your taking the time to explain so much to me about the Reo! Now I know I can use it for an all day vape bottom feeder or try juices with cartos without having to also put some of the ejuice in the bottle...just don't squeeze! :) I am going to think of it as 'a big battery regular mod that you can use anything with' like you said!!! Thank you very much!

Doomed! - Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my thread! I really appreciate it! :)

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
OK kblush, I have thought about it. Normally I would tell a new vaper to get a $30 Riva kit and some Boge 2 ohm cartomizers, and just avoid the temptation of spending a lot of money to make an eGo/Riva do things for which it really isn't best suited. I still think that is a good place to start. You can use the Boge cartos on your REO, and everybody needs a back up pv so they don't end up backing up with cigarettes.

That said, I think that you have done enough research to be able to deal with something that doesn't come in a kit, and I personally think that if you are going for a juice feeder, a REO Grand is a no-brainer.

So, my suggestion to you is to order the Riva 510 Special Edition from Liberty Flights ($35) which comes with 2 LR atomizers that you can use on the Riva and the REO. Add a couple of 5 packs of Boge 2 ohm cartomizers, which you can also use on the Riva and the REO and a couple of 510 delrin drip tips. And get your REO!!

Read here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html and drop by the REO forum and post any questions you might have: Reos Mods

You can drip using the LR atomizers on your Riva to see if you like the juice well enough to fill a cartomizer and/or a juice bottle. It is really impressive when someone does so much investigation first, and the way you are going, your money will be well-spent.

Welcome future REOnaut!!! :)

Last edited:

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
mlinky - Thank you so much for all of your help and advice! I think i have spent over 48 hours researching ecigs and mods! I'm kinda obsessive like that! :) Anyway, i decided on a Reo Grand and I purchased it a few minutes ago! I will be reading your 'what you will need list' so I am grateful that you shared it with me! Singing off as a pending REOnaut! :)

*Here is my new thread about my purchase! I can't thank you all for all your help enough!!! :) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...d-my-first-vaping-setup-yeah.html#post4895800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread