Tobacco Recipes for Noobie DIY'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
I'll be trying to mix some batches properly the first time so I don't waste money or have to buy local ejuice or order name brand online while I tinker with DIYing.

Long time vaper but I seem to really enjoy tobacco simulations/blends in Nic salt setups (such as the Trinity Alpha or Nord).

I'm going to order all my ingredients from the Canadian store Dashvapes (long time customer), and I'm finding it difficult to find recipes online that carry all the flavors I need from Dash. Any sites that let you filter by ingredients?

If anything:

Butterscotch, vanilla, vanilla custard, hazelnut, rums, bourbons, caramel are generally safe additives to most tobaccos, right? Anything else to look at it?

Any genertal tips which kind of tobaccos compliment each other and which don't?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'll be trying to mix some batches properly the first time so I don't waste money or have to buy local ejuice or order name brand online while I tinker with DIYing.
Please see my reply,same tip given in:
Problem with flavor
With single flavor testing, my goal would be to find a tobacco flavored "mix" that taste close to perfection on its own w/o having to add/mix in other flavors. I approach finding a flavor that taste as close to perfect as possible, only them will I add additional flavor to make it an ADV (ADV = All Day Vape) if necessary.
I have found that the Tobacco category is the most tolerant of all DIY flavors to manipulate in this manner.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not much of either good news or useful advice from me I’m afraid

Tobaccos are the hardest flavorings to get right. Part of the issue is some of the things that make tobacco taste like tobacco are quite bad for you, so working around them is problematic. Whether a tobacco tastes “authentic” or not seems to be extremely personal to a given person. Some can’t find one at all. Tobacco flavors often require a good amount of steeping. Protonated nics are supposed to often steep differently than unprotonated nics though.

I personally have found wild variance in tobacco flavorings. One I bought appears to be mostly anise (black liquorice) for example. Different people find different things to be similar. A lot of people for example love ry4 variants. I can barely stomach them. I’m afraid that if you want a tobacco flavor that works for you you may have a lot of experimentation ahead. Many people simply find something they like that doesn’t taste like tobacco. It’s generally a lot easier.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

Long time vaper but I seem to really enjoy tobacco simulations/blends in Nic salt setups (such as the Trinity Alpha or Nord).

I'm going to order all my ingredients from the Canadian store Dashvapes (long time customer), and I'm finding it difficult to find recipes online that carry all the flavors I need from Dash. Any sites that let you filter by ingredients?

If anything:

Butterscotch, vanilla, vanilla custard, hazelnut, rums, bourbons, caramel are generally safe additives to most tobaccos, right? Anything else to look at it?

Any genertal tips which kind of tobaccos compliment each other and which don't?

I love tobacco vapes and DIY gives you the best options in that category IMO. The list of flavors you've given are good, but I would suggest trying to find the recipes first then ordering those flavors. It keeps the cost down by limiting buying flavors you won't use. It's just a suggestion, I didn't follow it myself..lol

I can suggest a few tobacco flavors that I think are must haves, but of course, this is according to my taste. My top 3 tobacco flavors are:
1.Soho by Flavor Art
2.Kentucky Blend by Flavorah
3. Red Burley by Flavorah

Soho is a great standalone. Kentucky and Red Burley are awesome mixers, Here is one of my personal mixes that I simply love, I call it Island Tobacco:

Soho by Flavor Art 13%
Brown Sugar TPA 1%
Kentucky Bourbon TPA 2.5%
Coconut FA 1.2%
Madagascar Vanilla FW 1%
Shisha Vanilla INW .5%

FA=Flavor Art
FW= Flavor West
TPA= The Flavor Apprentice
INA- Inawera

There is another great DIY tobacco recipe called Cardinal, which is very good.

Good luck!

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    The version one is all gone I believe. I have a lot of it, and I mean a lot.. If you need some PM me and I can mail you some.
    Yeah, I just saw that they had the v2 and was wondering if it was the same or not. Thank you!

Reactions: Skeebo

shangula

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2014
    British Columbia
    I find RY4s very hit or miss, actually, some I can hardly vape. I like something close to analog with a slight twist, however, a lot of 'true analog' simulations are unvapeable to me. WYTE, Rkt Fuel, Boba's Bounty are the type of tobaccos I like, I've tried many I just can't remember every single one. If someone can kindly post a bunch of tobacco recipes that arent overly fruity, citrus, dessert blends I'd appreciate.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I find RY4s very hit or miss, actually, some I can hardly vape. I like something close to analog with a slight twist, however, a lot of 'true analog' simulations are unvapeable to me. WYTE, Rkt Fuel, Boba's Bounty are the type of tobaccos I like, I've tried many I just can't remember every single one. If someone can kindly post a bunch of tobacco recipes that arent overly fruity, citrus, dessert blends I'd appreciate.
    Boba’s bounty was out of production for several years and making a good clone became one of the great white whales of DIY. As a result there are a LOT of boba’s clone recipies of various complication levels.
    If you like boba’s looking there might be a good start

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread