Tobeco Kayfun V4 Clone Leaking From Airholes!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Kayfuns will leak if you angle it and allow an air bubble to rest at one of the juice wells. It allows air to freely flow into the juice tank while simultaneously allowing juice to flow out. Know what I mean?

If you have a 2 liter soda bottle and you turn it upside down, it will gurgle as the water fights the vacuum. If you cut a hole somewhere else in the bottle and its in an air bubble, then air will rush right into the bottle as the water quickly flows right out because the vacuum is broken. That's how a kayfun leaks.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
does anyone know the size of the o-rings #16 and #18? i changed the #16 with one replacement that came with the atomizer and it reduced the leak, i want to buy the 1.6mm to see if it makes it stop

I have followed the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/634516-attack-kayfun-v4-clones-35.html#post15066899 thread from the beginning. Member dwcraig1 has done extensive research on the leaking issue with the KF4 clone. He determined initially that the leaking issue was because of o-ring part #16 and that the best fit is 12 x 1.5 mm. Member thekiwi further discovered "I think if you have a seep/leak at the seam above the air flow ring, it's the #6 oring. If you get leaks from the airholes, or gurgling, or even at the seams below the air flow ring, the #16 is the issue." found here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/634516-attack-kayfun-v4-clones-38.html#post15077483

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
does anyone know the size of the o-rings #16 and #18? i changed the #16 with one replacement that came with the atomizer and it reduced the leak, i want to buy the 1.6mm to see if it makes it stop

Number 16 is 11x1.5 and Number 18 is 10x1.5

Mine leaked like there was no tomorrow and wobbled like crazy. I replaced # 16 with a loom band called "wonder loom". Fixed both problems for me. I believe my wife picked them up at Walmart for her and the kids bracelet making hobby. You have to gently work the band into the groove as you screw the deck down as it will try to get pinched as the deck lowers.

There are several brands out there but the package we have looks like this....

0004515588636_180X180.jpg

Last edited:

Neukom720

Jan 27, 2015
Roxbury, CT
yea its been said but incase you dont know, when you have the chimney off, and you close the juice control until you build deck comes off its the o-ring that goes around the square section. its too small and will leak like a ....! lol until i find another o-ring i just used a little vasline and that should do the trick but you need a bigger or thicker o-ring. I found a thicker one that came with my aqua v2 but it wouldnt fit so i couldnt screw down the deck into the base....may try those band things that guy said he got at walmart sounds like a cheap and local way to try to fix it. but i dont really care....like my lemo better lol

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I just got mine tonight. I love it and would adore it except for the leaking. If I can even get it to a controllable leak, I'll adore it!! Just not a half tank instantly!! I don't believe it's a wicking issue because a, the hits are perfect at higher power than I've ever been able to run before, and b, it didnt leak until I refilled it. The o ring explanation seems very plausible and I will be replacing that piece tomorrow. However for tonight, as a temp fix, I did two things that seem to be working - tightened the airflow control ALL the way (used the screw to tighten past what i could by hand, til it was flush) and also with just a BIT of Vaseline on my hands, ran a fingernail under the o ring where it sits on the airflow base to "unstick it" and encourage it to seat correctly. It seems to be working, the leak is down to one drop in the time I've spent typing this, however also bear in mind I've not refilled it again yet lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread