Not open for further replies.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
TOBH: $94
Quasar: $133

Setup: Dual coil 24awg 5 wrap @ .25XΩ Japanese Organic Cotton on LE Copper Stingray w/ AW IMR 490
juice: 50/50 mr. good vape Honey Baby 3mg

Flavor:
Quasar hands down... Immediate burst of flavor. While the flavor the TOBH brings is nice, I hate to say it, but it's not much better than the average rda... Both RDAs also have a beveled inner top cap to give a rifling effect to the vapor. Rumored to enhance flavor, the Quasar took the cake on this one.
Vapor:
TOBH wins this one with the huge airflow. While both have an AFC, the TOBH wide open was actually too much for me however. Quasar's slotted AFC wide open is perfect... It's also nice that the Quasar can be pocketed.
Heat:
While the TOBH has a quad slotted heatsink crown, it still gets slightly warm. The Quasar I have is the Black Delrin edition, which holds little to no heat. Quasar won this one, if it was a metal version, things may be different.
Build quality:
Both of these are machined extremely nicely, the TOBH appears to be CNC machined or they just have a very nice lathe. Both RDAs have beveled cap edges allowing them to slide onto the deck easily and not jack up the o-rings.
Ease of building:
The TOBH was a pain in the ... for me personally as the two AFC fins block the route of the coil legs during install. However with the very deep deck design, placing your wick is a breeze. The Quasar on the other hand is a smaller raised deck, which can give those with bigger hands a harder time to build. However, being that the deck walls are very shallow, installation of the coils is a breeze... This one is more or less a tie in favor for the Quasar.
Overall:
The price points are different and quite a big gap. With that said, the TOBH isn't exactly what I was expecting, bummer. I was thinking the TOBH would trump the Quasar, I was wrong. If you have the extra cash, or even the chance to pick up the more rare Quasar... Do it and you won't be disappointed... The Quasar is a flavor chaser whereas the TOBH is a cloud chaser.

Closing:
I will review the Mirandus RDA soon... I should probably make a video on the three once I setup the Mirandus RDA.

Pics: Quick pic of the TOBH and M-RDA on Mirandus mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread