Today is THE Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, I made it. Today is One Year analog tobacco free!

I smoked my last tobacco cigarette on June 14, 2012. I had been supplementing my SafeCig use with my usual Camel Filters, having cut back to a pack every 3 days. The morning of June 15, 2012 I woke up needing smokes. Somehow I managed to just not go buy any, staying with the SafeCig's 100%. I stuck with SafeCig until they went out of business; had a quick try of V2, then bought my first Ego/CE4 and have been on mods/juice since.

:vapor::toast:

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills

I smoked my last tobacco cigarette on June 14, 2012. I had been supplementing my SafeCig use with my usual Camel Filters, having cut back to a pack every 3 days. The morning of June 15, 2012 I woke up needing smokes. Somehow I managed to just not go buy any, staying with the SafeCig's 100%. I stuck with SafeCig until they went out of business; had a quick try of V2, then bought my first Ego/CE4 and have been on mods/juice since.

Congratulations Fred and well done. :thumbs:

Mine is next month... time flies when you're having fun.

cheers

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I smoked tobacco cigs for 30 years. I quit twice during that period....first time was during basic training for the Army in 1988....I quit for 1 month before I got a contact in the PX who could smuggle packs...and I kept a pack and lighter well hidden. The second time was back in 1998; quit for 6 months using Zyban....as soon as I stopped taking the pills the cravings became overwhelming.

With the Personal Vaporizer it's not like I've quite....just cut out the really bad stinkies...one habit for another.....I hope to never go back to tobacco.....as long as we can keep doing what we're doing......

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

Congrats! :toast:

One year is quite an accomplishment, and welcome to the second best year of the rest of your life. :D

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Kudos!!!
thumbsup.gif

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I smoked tobacco cigs for 30 years. I quit twice during that period....first time was during basic training for the Army in 1988....I quit for 1 month before I got a contact in the PX who could smuggle packs...and I kept a pack and lighter well hidden. The second time was back in 1998; quit for 6 months using Zyban....as soon as I stopped taking the pills the cravings became overwhelming.

With the Personal Vaporizer it's not like I've quite....just cut out the really bad stinkies...one habit for another.....I hope to never go back to tobacco.....as long as we can keep doing what we're doing......
Strange. I STARTED smoking in basic training in '82 because smokers got two extra breaks!

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anyone can do what I've done...and many, many have already and exceeded it by far.

Find a great vape you love, get the nic level right, and just fight off the occasional urge. I found that if the nic level is high enough, just a few chain vapes will satisfy that stinkie urge. I started at 24mg and am now at 18mg. I have no plans to drop that or "quit". I'm enjoying vaping and unless they find some horrible side effect...or change the laws to make it no longer viable....I'll be vaping for a long time to come. People quit smoking because it's proven to be terrible for you....with vaping we've cut out all the tar, carbon monoxide, thousands of chemicals, 2nd hand smoke danger....all that comes with burning tobacco.

A year later I enjoy this more than tobacco. (I was never a cigar or pipe aficionado so true tobacco store tobacco aside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread