Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I've been one of those slow movers. Even though I've been vaping since July, I didn't take the ultimate smoke free plunge until 18 days ago. So, I'm feeling pretty "giddy" about this day. It was nice to realize it was here and know that I had absolutely no intentions of having a cigarette today.

Idea for next year: All of the suppliers could run big "Smoke Out" specials:)

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
for a real impact, next year have everyone go to their state capital grounds and have some smoke out rallies. Or even a batch of vapors show up at DC for a rally. Make the news and start to show there are a lot of us out there. Just really wish it was this year and not after the FDA doesn't do something stupid.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I have a "Great American Smokeout" all the other 364 days of the year, so does this mean I SHOULD have an analog today? I could, I still have 2 left in a pack in my desk. They have been there for quite a while now....methinks they may not be so fresh any more. I like to look at them now and then and remind myself just how disgusting they are.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
What is a smokeout? think I might be being thick......

"The American Cancer Society is marking the 35th Great American Smokeout on November 18 by encouraging smokers to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day. By doing so, smokers will be taking an important step towards a healthier life – one that can lead to reducing cancer risk. Quitting smoking is not easy, but it can be done. To have the best chance of quitting successfully, you need to know what you're up against, what your options are, and where to go for help."
(Source)​

History of The Great American Smokeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread