Tolerance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Cartonti

Dec 24, 2018
Hello,
I have been using an e-cigarette for about two years and after using it heavily for awhile once I felt like my tolerance had really built up I decided to take a break to lower my tolerance. I took about 4 months off and when I went back to it I still barely got buzz, and I am still continuing to use it (it’s been like 6 months since my break) however, at this point I basically feel nothing no matter the amount of pulls I take. I have tried taking multiple week breaks and even after those I still feel pretty much nothing. I have tried multiple devices and juices, is it possible that I can’t drop a tolerance or what? Thank you.

Reactions: Cynophobe

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Maybe it works differently for everyone.
I regularly change my nic levels and take nic free days every 10 to 14 days.
Right this minute I'm DL vaping 1.5mg @ 12watts using a 1.2ohm coil and have a really pleasant nic buzz going. This is two days after being nic free for two days.
I was using 6mg before the nic free days but it was a bit too much.
Basically I mix up nic levels for the purpose of keeping my tolerance to nic low and it works very well for me.

Reactions: Cynophobe

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Most people vape to stay on an even keel where concerns nicotine level, meaning they vape to avoid having nicotine cravings or withdrawal symptoms...

For me I hadn't had a buzz from nicotine since I was 13 years old. After I was hooked on cigarettes it's always been about keeping the desire for more at bay, not getting any kind of buzz.

Vaping is just a means to an end to keep you from smoking. The way nicotine builds up in your body it's likely your days of any kind of buzz is over. It's just about keeping the demons (withdrawal symptoms) at bay.. if your getting enough nicotine for that then your getting plenty of nicotine.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I guess I don't understand the "buzz"
I understand the cravings... which is why I vape, so I don't smoke....
I smoked because of stress
I vape because I actually enjoy it and am almost nicotine free (1.5mg)

I guess the only advice I could offer is try some high nic salts, just be care not to over do it....

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
I dont know, its hard to explain, I smoked tobacco for 42 yrs and was very aware or the quite immediate affects of smoking a cig.
I feel the same with vaping. I puff a while, nic hits the dopamine receptors, I get a hit- a very mild, weak and temporary euphoria (for want of a better word), I put the vape down, do stuff for a couple of hours then sit down and have a bit of a vape.
On the days I dont use nic, vaping is a less interesting thing to do.
As far as cigs go, I dont feel any draw to them even after 2weeks of no nic.

I think we have to understand accept that everyones journey and need is different.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Maybe it works differently for everyone.
I regularly change my nic levels and take nic free days every 10 to 14 days.
Right this minute I'm DL vaping 1.5mg @ 12watts using a 1.2ohm coil and have a really pleasant nic buzz going. This is two days after being nic free for two days.
I was using 6mg before the nic free days but it was a bit too much.
Basically I mix up nic levels for the purpose of keeping my tolerance to nic low and it works very well for me.

For DTL, you probably need to be at 3mg to 6mg to feel the buzz. Up your nic slightly and find the right percentage.

In 2010 when I first vaped I started at 24mg MTL on a Joye 510. I was getting about a week from a 30ml bottle of vendor juices at 24mg strength. Coming off a 2PAD habit I didn't feel the buzz. It was just a satisfying replacement for the nicotine I lost when I reduced my cigarette usage.

To get a buzz from the cigarettes I smoked I had to go without smoking for several hours, then go out to the break area and hot box 2 cigs in a row.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
I have been using an e-cigarette for about two years and after using it heavily for awhile once I felt like my tolerance had really built up I decided to take a break to lower my tolerance. I took about 4 months off and when I went back to it I still barely got buzz, and I am still continuing to use it (it’s been like 6 months since my break) however, at this point I basically feel nothing no matter the amount of pulls I take. I have tried taking multiple week breaks and even after those I still feel pretty much nothing. I have tried multiple devices and juices, is it possible that I can’t drop a tolerance or what? Thank you.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
I get the tolerance you're speaking of. I find that if I take breaks from vaping throughout the day and break it up into three or four sessions you get that nicotine "buzz" more easily. I wouldn't look to vaping to give you a constant buzz though, that's not how human biology works. Just like smokers, you don't get the buzz as your system gets accustomed to it.

If you go with a pod system and high nicotine salt liquid and take a few breaks just to vape from the pod, you'll also get the 'buzz' easier. Than say vaping 3mg non-salt. You can put salts in any atomizer but it's good to keep the resistance HIGH, because 25mg nic salts on a .15ohm coil will burn.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
I get the tolerance you're speaking of. I find that if I take breaks from vaping throughout the day and break it up into three or four sessions you get that nicotine "buzz" more easily. I wouldn't look to vaping to give you a constant buzz though, that's not how human biology works. Just like smokers, you don't get the buzz as your system gets accustomed to it.

If you go with a pod system and high nicotine salt liquid and take a few breaks just to vape from the pod, you'll also get the 'buzz' easier. Than say vaping 3mg non-salt. You can put salts in any atomizer but it's good to keep the resistance HIGH, because 25mg nic salts on a .15ohm coil will burn.
I agree, I dont think anyone thats chain vaping would get any real noticeable nic buzz.
Another thing with a nic buzz for me is I have to be in a "still" mood and unoccupied. If Im driving or chatting Im too busy to be concentrating on the subtle nature of a nic hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do not get a nic buzz from vaping, but when I upped my nicotine a fairly significant amount, after falling off the wagon (and, it worked) I did get a sort of nic "sensation" as it were. The only other time it happened was when I took a couple drags off my son's Juul, because I was curious. I also went, "Hmph, way too rich for my blood" and handed it back as I did not WANT that kind of buzz, to be totally honest. Juul pods are expensive.

With that said, if you want some kind of buzz I think you'd have to go pretty high nic, tolerance break be damned.

I have gotten not just a nic buzz but total OVERLOAD symptoms from rather large portions of snus (think 22 mg pieces) to the point that I have to either take them out or puke, but they are more similar to tobacco than vaping. I use them at work and I know how to handle them-- now-- but honestly that is an entirely different thing. Etc.

Some of the "buzz" from smoking is also the carbon monoxide effect, so that's like probably not going to happen via vaping OR snus. But snus may give you the 'buzz" you seek, right before the hiccups, need to drink a lot of liquid, and desire to hurl. I'm just saying what is Possible, not recommending using snus in that fashion, but hey you CAN. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread