The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

too harsh?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by GarbieBarbie, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GarbieBarbie

GarbieBarbie Full Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Grand Rapids, MI
    why do I feel like each hit is too harsh? almost like it hits too clean. Im still learning how to hit like it isnt a cigarette, so I don't know if its because of that or not.

2. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Let us know what device Your using, the pg/vg ratio and nic strength you are using. And we'll go from there.

3. Marius_Kingsley

Marius_Kingsley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR
    Many things can affect the feeling/consistency of vaping. Wattage/voltage, the type battery, what tank you're using, what kind of juice, how much PG/VG, wick material... We'll need more info.

4. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    The throat hit is from the nicotine. What strength is the liquid you're using?

Also, more propylene glycol lets more of the hit come through, while more vegetable glycerin tends to mask it better. You might want to get a bottle of VG from a local drug store or Walmart and "cut" your juice with it to reduce the throat hit.

5. GarbieBarbie

GarbieBarbie Full Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Grand Rapids, MI
    i have a vision spinner with a kanger EVOD ego cartomizer. I've been using different voltage trying to find the ideal one for me.

My eliquid is: Nicotine-18mg PG-65% VG-35%

6. Marius_Kingsley

Marius_Kingsley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR
    I don't vape anything more that 50%PG. That's probably where your harsh his is coming from. You might also try cutting the nic down a bit. 14mg/ml if you can find it, otherwise, 12.

7. MxD0CxB

MxD0CxB Full Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I'm pretty new to vaping as well, I found that 18mg was too harsh for me. I think 12mg is a good option. You can always vape more if you aren't getting the amount of nic you want off just one hit!

8. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    That's a bit high on the PG, but then some juices just do better at that level.

That also may be a bit on the strong side, nicotine-wise.

Go to CVS, ask the nice guy at the pharmacy counter where the vegetable glycerin is. Put a few drops of VG in the EVOD with your juice, shake it for a while, and try it a few times. You'll have to give the wicks time to soak up the new mixture, so don't be impatient and start pouring VG into the tank.

9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If you are new to vaping, many new users find the vapor to be harsher than cigarette smoke at first. This is normal and things should improve as you get used to it. Remember, it took your body time to get used to smoking without coughing, it may take some time for it to get used to inhaling vapor.

Also understand that you don't have to inhale the vapor to absorb the nicotine. Most of the nicotine in vapor is absorbed from the mouth and nose. So you can use your e-cig like one would use a pipe or cigar - take a puff or draw into the mouth and exhale from both the nose and mouth, and still get your nicotine.

10. Heezyfosheezy

Heezyfosheezy Full Member Verified Member

Jul 9, 2013
    United States
    Anything over 12mg Nic gives me a harsh throat hit. I usually vape 70/30 PG/VG

11. jccretarolo

jccretarolo Full Member

May 16, 2013
    Oregon, United States
    I'm new also, but found 50/50, 6mg to work best for me. I do use 50/50 & 80/20 18mg first thing in the morning, but only to use up what I have, I think 12mg is better for me and my throat.

12. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
    Try some 12mg juice will be easier on the throat.

13. Bob Chill

Bob Chill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
    Took my throat about a week or 2 to get used to it. I stick with 12 most of the time and 6 at night. Usually 70/30ish. I tried some 50/50 12mg and actually found the hit too non-existent. I use a vv/evod and stick around 4-4.2 most of the time.

I personally like the hit. I suppose it's part of the jedi mind trick keeping me from even caring about cigs. However, a hit similar to an njoy king (those are what started me off on this wonderful journey) is way way to much for me now. All new folks should give it at least 2-3 weeks to settle into the new habit. I find the hit to be about half the sensation for the same juice from when I just started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.