Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The throat hit is from the nicotine. What strength is the liquid you're using?

Also, more propylene glycol lets more of the hit come through, while more vegetable glycerin tends to mask it better. You might want to get a bottle of VG from a local drug store or Walmart and "cut" your juice with it to reduce the throat hit.

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
i have a vision spinner with a kanger EVOD ego cartomizer. I've been using different voltage trying to find the ideal one for me.

My eliquid is: Nicotine-18mg PG-65% VG-35%

I don't vape anything more that 50%PG. That's probably where your harsh his is coming from. You might also try cutting the nic down a bit. 14mg/ml if you can find it, otherwise, 12.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
i have a vision spinner with a kanger EVOD ego cartomizer. I've been using different voltage trying to find the ideal one for me.

My eliquid is: Nicotine-18mg PG-65% VG-35%

That's a bit high on the PG, but then some juices just do better at that level.

That also may be a bit on the strong side, nicotine-wise.

Go to CVS, ask the nice guy at the pharmacy counter where the vegetable glycerin is. Put a few drops of VG in the EVOD with your juice, shake it for a while, and try it a few times. You'll have to give the wicks time to soak up the new mixture, so don't be impatient and start pouring VG into the tank.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you are new to vaping, many new users find the vapor to be harsher than cigarette smoke at first. This is normal and things should improve as you get used to it. Remember, it took your body time to get used to smoking without coughing, it may take some time for it to get used to inhaling vapor.

Also understand that you don't have to inhale the vapor to absorb the nicotine. Most of the nicotine in vapor is absorbed from the mouth and nose. So you can use your e-cig like one would use a pipe or cigar - take a puff or draw into the mouth and exhale from both the nose and mouth, and still get your nicotine.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Took my throat about a week or 2 to get used to it. I stick with 12 most of the time and 6 at night. Usually 70/30ish. I tried some 50/50 12mg and actually found the hit too non-existent. I use a vv/evod and stick around 4-4.2 most of the time.

I personally like the hit. I suppose it's part of the jedi mind trick keeping me from even caring about cigs. However, a hit similar to an njoy king (those are what started me off on this wonderful journey) is way way to much for me now. All new folks should give it at least 2-3 weeks to settle into the new habit. I find the hit to be about half the sensation for the same juice from when I just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread