Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you think they really care? They are probably :rickroll:just thinking about all the people coming back to cigarettes.

That is Part of it.

But I believe in this case, it is More about Playing to the Uneducated Voter. And being the One's who will "Protect your Children".

And having juul, the Poster Child for ALL things Evil about e-Cigarettes, in their house Didn't Help.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I like the original reason article better than Yahoo's derivative piece.
San Francisco's Top Economist Confirms Vape Ban Means More Smoking

I like this from your referenced article. "Before the legislation had even gone to a vote, longtime anti-smoking advocates were quick to point out its obvious flaws. "This has to be one of the most insane public health proposals I have ever seen," Michael Siegel, a physician and professor at Boston University's School of Public Health, wrote in March. "This legislation basically says: 'We care so much about the health of our kids that we can't allow e-cigarettes to remain on the market until they have a complete safety review. However, we are perfectly happy allowing cigarettes—which have had extensive safety reviews and been found to be killing hundreds of thousands of Americans each year—to remain on the market."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread