The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

San Francisco Passes One-Size-Fits-All Flavor Ban, Condemns Smokers to Status Quo

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by noevilstar, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. trying

trying Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2010
    usa
    I think zero nicotine liquid will still be allowed to be flavored.
    FDA considers zero nic to be a tobacco product but the state of
    California does not. Most likely SF would base their definition on the states
    regulations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Yes Flavored zero nicotine is allowed under the regulation. So is unflavored with nicotine. So are flavorings on their own. The vape shops I have been in sell a wide range of flavorings anyway. So they could probably just sell unflavored nicotine juice and flavorings to add in separately. Still a hassle for the buyer and producer though.

The bigger question I would think is what constitutes only Tobacco flavor in e-juice? Just the fact that it is labeled Tobacco even though it has other flavors?

Somebody will figure out how to get around the regulation. Maybe some one will sell a combo pack of unflavored nic juice and a flavor pack to dump in. No doubt even if bundled together it would get around the reg.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.