Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I was hoping to get suggestions for a new mod to purchase. Currently I have a Silver Bullet mechanical and I love it, just want to grow " the family" a bit. Not interesting so much at this time with side-bottom or bottom button stuff.

Would be particularly interested to here from anyone that owns one and can vouch for them. I know of the Roller but don't know anyone that has one.

Cut my teeth on an original Silver Bullet, then on Provari for a good while, but got the new SB-M and its going to be tough to go back to "regulation" now until perhaps a tube-style 30+ Watt device turns my head.

TIA for opinions, suggestions

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I can speak to the Poldiacs as I have two of them. They are great top/side fire mods and MMVapors is a top notch company to deal with. They have great customer service and every single part for the Poldiac is available for purchase if ever needed.
All Poldiacs now come with the low ohm plastics in the switch assembly and Rhodium coating over silver coated brass contacts. They have the user manual on their website that can be downloaded.

Homepage | mmvapors.com

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
This is one of the more interesting ones I think - it's on my short list (I love everything else we have from By Leo and their customer service is amazing).

MECHA Mod

Now this looks like something I would like to own and use every day. May be going onto my short list as well! :D

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Yeah, not big on the telescopes either, not as a mod at least! Didn't even catch that there was an extension for the Lab but would rather have full tube in 18650 mode.

The more I look and think on it, will probably just save up for Poldiac. The firing button looks really nice and you can customize the heck out of it over time by adding the accessories.

Also, the Silver Bullet mechanical will be getting some new color options soon, so may well get at least one more of those when available.

Still have several more slots in the mod stand if anyone has more ideas. :cool:

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Dochartaigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
PA, United States
Are you stuck on using an 18650 battery? That makes mods unwieldy in my opinion. Ever go out for a night on town with an 18650 mod with a Kayfun on top? Not fun (unless you happen to carry a purse or manbag around). My 1100mah 18500's last me for a day and a half, probably vaping a good 5ml+ of liquid at 1.4 ohm.

That's why I went with the Atmizoo Lab. MUCH shorter than the Poldiac (78mm vs. 90), and it's shorter than the 69 as well (don't know exactly how much - just know my clone 69 collapsed into 18350 mode is only a hair shorter than the Lab in 18500 mode). The switch is also better in the Lab vs. the 69 many people have said. Never owned a Poldiac so I can't comment there.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I have an Atmizoo Lab with the 18650 extension. In 18650 mode, the Lab is only about 5mm longer than my 69 mod in 18500 mode.

That's good info to know, thank you very much for the comparison. Since you have a Lab w/ ext., how obvious is the seam where the standard tube and extension connect, and what exterior finish did you get with yours (in case the finish makes the seam more apparent)?

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Are you stuck on using an 18650 battery? That makes mods unwieldy in my opinion. Ever go out for a night on town with an 18650 mod with a Kayfun on top? Not fun (unless you happen to carry a purse or manbag around). My 1100mah 18500's last me for a day and a half, probably vaping a good 5ml+ of liquid at 1.4 ohm.

It's not so much that I'm stuck on the 18650 battery size, I just need a good pretty high amp limit and know I can easily get that with these Sony VTC5s (and VCT4s). There are some higher amp 18500s out there (about 13.5 amp I think I've seen) that I could stay underneath typically, but every now and then I do build some coils down to 0.3 - 0.4 ohm range and wouldn't feel comfortable pushing the stated amp limits. If I did wind up with a Lab and extension I would have the flexibility to try it out in both form factors as appropriate. I have now gotten accustomed to topping everything with drippers except when travelling long distances, so that helps keep down the overall height too.

To be honest, I love the look of the Poldiacs but it does have a kind of "regal" look to it that might make me think to NOT take it out of the house. I could use it at home, and the Lab while at work and taxing the wife around town shopping and what-not. :D

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
That's good info to know, thank you very much for the comparison. Since you have a Lab w/ ext., how obvious is the seam where the standard tube and extension connect, and what exterior finish did you get with yours (in case the finish makes the seam more apparent)?

Mine is the EM Brass. It patinas very quickly, which I like. I love the look of aged brass. The seam for the extension is visible, but not objectionable, at least to me.

Dochartaigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
PA, United States
It's not so much that I'm stuck on the 18650 battery size, I just need a good pretty high amp limit and know I can easily get that with these Sony VTC5s (and VCT4s). There are some higher amp 18500s out there (about 13.5 amp I think I've seen) that I could stay underneath typically, but every now and then I do build some coils down to 0.3 - 0.4 ohm range and wouldn't feel comfortable pushing the stated amp limits.

Just some info...but AW IMR 18500's have 16.5 amp constant discharge rate. That's good down to 0.225 ohm at 3.7 volts (and is 61 watts!). I would personally not hit that close to it, but it is capable of it (not to mention how most batteries have a much higher burst discharge rate, so it should be safe unless you're taking a 30-second long hit).

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Just some info...but AW IMR 18500's have 16.5 amp constant discharge rate. That's good down to 0.225 ohm at 3.7 volts (and is 61 watts!). I would personally not hit that close to it, but it is capable of it (not to mention how most batteries have a much higher burst discharge rate, so it should be safe unless you're taking a 30-second long hit).

I didn't realize the AWs had that high an amp limit in 18500 size. 16.5 would make me feel much better than 13.5 actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread