Topside surgery

J'Bartman

Oct 1, 2022
Dirty Jersey
Hello!

I have a Topside dual with a partially busted board, does anyone know if any of the dna or YiHi boards would fit in there?

It'd be nice to revive it, and a Topside with a nicer chipset would be a brilliant piece of kit.

Any advice or other ideas?
Yo Ducasse! Oh I like this idea. Well, we know for sure that the YiHi 200w board fits, as Dovpo used it for the Carbon. So I'd say yes 100%

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Yo Ducasse! Oh I like this idea. Well, we know for sure that the YiHi 200w board fits, as Dovpo used it for the Carbon. So I'd say yes 100%
Imagine a Topside dual with a 250c - that would be a near perfect device. So sad nobody told Dovpo this.

I'd settle for a 200 or even a 166, color screen means little to me, but having boost/preheat available on the device would be nice.

I have a Carbon and I'm not a massive fan of that chipset, so I'd prefer something else. A fully featured YiHi board would be nice, though.

JustinVanhoose

Apr 11, 2023
Imagine a Topside dual with a 250c - that would be a near perfect device. So sad nobody told Dovpo this.

I'd settle for a 200 or even a 166, color screen means little to me, but having boost/preheat available on the device would be nice.

I have a Carbon and I'm not a massive fan of that chipset, so I'd prefer something else. A fully featured YiHi board would be nice, though.
Thanks for the advice, I will try it.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Hello!

I have a Topside dual with a partially busted board, does anyone know if any of the DNA or YiHi boards would fit in there?

It'd be nice to revive it, and a Topside with a nicer chipset would be a brilliant piece of kit.

Any advice or other ideas?
Fan of the topside eh? Im not sure but if the board is about the same size and shape i dont see why it wouldnt fit,the screw holes might not line up but you can find ways to secure it in,
But why go this route i mean buying a dna board is half the price of a new topside i think?
Why not just get a brand new topside at that point?
Just my opinion tho but if its still in tip top shape new board might be good enough yea
Man thats why im scared for regulated they can give up any time =/
Wish they were like mechs last forever then itll be awesome but thats not reality lol

Reactions: Resistance

JenniferFerrell

Moved On
Apr 12, 2023
  • Deleted by Misty

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Fan of the topside eh? Im not sure but if the board is about the same size and shape i dont see why it wouldnt fit,the screw holes might not line up but you can find ways to secure it in,
But why go this route i mean buying a dna board is half the price of a new topside i think?
Why not just get a brand new topside at that point?
Just my opinion tho but if its still in tip top shape new board might be good enough yea
Man thats why im scared for regulated they can give up any time =/
Wish they were like mechs last forever then itll be awesome but thats not reality lol
I see your points, but I have a Topside dual with a failing board, I also have a perfectly good DNA250c board and a friend has a DNA200 I can have.

I'd rather use it than get rid of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Resistance

Users who are viewing this thread